|Salary||£29698 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Job title: PASTRY SOUS CHEF
Location: ASCOT, BERKSHIRE
- Salary of up to £29,698 per annum
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Great company benefits such as; discounted rooms, meals on duty, car parking and many incentives
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
Our Client a luxury 4* Hotel in Ascot, is recruiting for a Pastry Sous Chef. This Hotel is a part of a small group of privately owned Hotels across the South of the UK all of which are renowned for their luxurious settings and service.
You will be responsible for running the Pastry department for all areas of the Hotel and will have support from the Demi and Sous Chef, you will be creating menus and have knowledge of all allergens, you will have a great passion for the industry and a keen eye for detail and creative flair for Patisserie.
Main responsibilities of the Pastry Sous Chef..
- Ensure the smooth running of the Pastry Section, and develop the team to the required level.
- Implement a sound stock control and product cost system.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a 5* Hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A high level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
ACT NOW: To apply for this role press the apply button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.