|Salary||£18000 - £26000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
An extremely successful international law firm, with a fully dedicated office based in Central Bristol only a stone's throw from Temple Meads & on all major bus routes are looking for a Paralegal to join them on a permanent. The role is working as a Paralegal in a central team providing process-based and adhoc matter support to a range of legal teams.
You will be working Monday - Friday, Full Time Hours 09.30 - 5.30 pm & receive a salary depending on experience + amazing benefits listed below.
The client offer amazing benefits; stylish offices, life assurance, income protection, group personal pension, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan (travel), mortgage advice, private medical insurance, ride2work, gym flex and holiday flex among others!
You will be part of a central team providing process-based and ad-hoc matter support to a range of legal teams alongside other paralegals, apprentices and administrators. Once you have gained necessary experience and skills, you will have the opportunity to work within those legal teams on an occasional informal internal placement basis. Subject to business need, these placements may be up to around 10 months each, with direct associate supervision, giving you a broad paralegal experience and helping to build relationships with people across the whole office.
Another excellent benefit is that there is support with study funding (CILEx/equivalent)
- Drafting letters and documents (both manually and via our automated services), including engagement letters, letters of claim in a subrogated recovery claim, and instructions to counsel
- Legal research and the preparation of case summaries
- Contract review, including drawing attention to clauses in proposed construction contracts that could compromise insurance cover
- Preparation of cost budgets and schedules (including reworking and categorising financial data to present to court or evaluating costs on the settlement of a claim)
- Review and compilation of client data in the preparation of exhibits for witness statements, or mediation and court bundles
- There may be opportunities to liaise with the Insured party and third party claims adjusters, as well as instructed experts
- The team are involved in both internal and external blog posts, as well as maintaining team training materials.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have some previous Paralegal experience (property litigation would be ideal) but able to consider limited experience with either a Law degree or GDL qualification. Someone with a good working knowledge of law firm operations & pressures, be confident with strong written & verbal communication skills.
If interested then please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you are not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.