Join Holiday at Home, a reputable family-run luxury holiday rental company which specialises in the highest quality self-catering accommodation in North Yorkshire. We offer a wide collection of five-star holiday cottages, country houses and luxury lodges of varying sizes, which have been carefully chosen because of their stunning designs and wonderful surroundings.
Purpose of Role
To oversee operations of our five-star standard properties and manage the day to day running of the teams responsible for carrying out this work. This includes twenty-one lodges and four houses owned by the business, as well as overseeing third-party properties. The perfect candidate will be diligent, have good team management skills, and ideally a working knowledge of property maintenance.
Responsabilities for the Operations Manager job, based in North Yorkshire
- Operations – to manage day-to-day operations, liaising between housekeeping, maintenance and reception to ensure procedures run smoothly and jobs are completed in a timely and satisfactory manner prior to guest arrival.
- Leadership and Mentoring – to ensure the team understand their roles, know their responsibilities, and are trained and equipped to carry out their roles. Ensure both the housekeeping and maintenance teams function positively, resolving any issues in a timely and sympathetic manner to encourage a happy and productive working environment.
- Property Sign-off – to organise and supervise the team in preparing the properties, ensuring they have the equipment to carry out the job, and that the properties have been prepared to the required high-quality standard.
- Training and Development – Implement and maintain a staff training programme, to equip all members of the team to carry out their roles to the required standard. To induct and train new team members, ensuring Health and Safety procedures have been completed.
- Administration – Oversee the operations budget, ensure costs are controlled and required investment is implemented successfully, and manage suppliers. From time to time this includes assisting with office administration and sales enquiries as required.
- Annual Property Maintenance – All managed properties require a thorough clean and checks at least twice a year. To develop and manage this system, ensuring departments work together to carry this out in the most efficient manner.
- Health and Safety - Review and maintain health and safety standards ensuring team members are working in an appropriate environment.
- Appraisals - Carry out regular appraisals within the maintenance and housekeeping team, implementing targets and development plans for individual members as required.
- Recruitment - Recruit new employees for the operations team and carry out interviews to ensure new personnel have the necessary skills and fit well within the Holiday at Home team.
- Rota System – to ensure an appropriate number of personnel are available to carry out the servicing of the properties prior to guest arrival.
- Fixtures and Fittings – to inspect all fixtures, fittings and soft furnishings regularly ensuring they are kept to a 5-star standard. This includes organising contractors and cost, supporting with replacement furniture items, refurbishments and redecoration.
- Laundry & Hampers - manage the laundry and welcome hamper suppliers, ensuring we have adequate stock levels at the correct standards. To liaise with suppliers regarding timely deliveries and collections, pricing, and overseeing stock counts.
Explore the business: www.holidayathome.co.uk