Operational Buyer - Southern region
|Job Title:||Operational Buyer - Southern region|
|Location:||South West England|
|Salary:||£25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jack Hawker|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2019 13:19|
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Location: VARIOUS SITE LOCATIONS FROM SURREY TO SALISBURY
Are you an experienced Buyer who both thrives in a busy environment and has extensive experience working within the FM industry? If so, the below opportunity may be of interest …
We are currently recruiting for an Operational Buyer to join a leading FM company on a 12 month FTC, where the post-holder will support the business with all procurement activities both operationally & strategically while providing a sustainable, cost effective Procurement service to the operational business units and supporting the Senior Operational Buyer in achieving business objectives.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST HAVE PROCUREMENT OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE – If you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
If Successful you shall:
• Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. .
• Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection. Ensure to keep track of cost negotiation and savings.
• Review all new supplier requests and carry out credit and suitability checks.
• Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible.
• Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews and minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms, conditions and preferred supplier agreements.
• First point of escalation for supplier issues.
• To support the contract teams with the implementation of new contracts, to ensure the provision of a first class service to the customer.
You will have / be:
• Previous experience of Procurement within the FM sector
• Experience of Indirect Procurement within outsourced of Soft and Hard Services
• Solid commercial acumen
• Strong internal and external stakeholder and supplier management skills
• Desirable – previous experience in delivering and developing sustainable procurement objectives
• Excellent communication skills with strong written, presentation and influencing skills
• Team player and coordinator.
• CIPS qualified
• Valid full drivers licence
This is an exciting opportunity by working alongside a company who provide endless possibilities for personal development and growth.
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Jack Hawker at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's