Offshore Night Cook Baker
|Job Title:||Offshore Night Cook Baker|
|Salary:||£43545.90 - £43545.90|
|Start Date:||2019-05-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 11:43|
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a night cook baker to work offshore on our client installations.
As an integral member of the team you will contribute to the provision of quality laundry, accommodation, messroom and janitorial services whilst adhering to health & safety policies at all times.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:Package description
- Core Crew position
- £43,545.90 per annum
- Rota: 2 on, 2 off, 2 on, 4 off
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- Managing and rotating stock to ensure minimum wastage and achievement of contract food costs
- Ensuring the standards relating to food and cleaning service are maintained at all times
- Investigate and report customer complaints immediately and take the agreed corrective action
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring that any duties carried out under their control are done so safely
- Ensure all catering equipment is operated and maintained in a safe and clean manner
- Ensure all duties and responsibilities are undertaken in full compliance of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Report any incident of fire, loss, damage unfit food and other irregularities or contract deviations and take corrective action
- Assist Head chef/chef manager with environmental objectives
- Assist head chef/chef manager in ensuring catering budgeting requirements are consistently adhered to and the efficient use of all resources
Some things we need you to have...
- A great attitude and willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication and team work skills
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
- Fit to Train Medical
- BOSIET or FOET
- OGUK Food Handlers Medical
- City and Guilds (or equivalent) 706/1 and 706/2 + bakery qualification
- Minimum 2 years catering experience in an offshore or onshore environment
Ideally, you will also have...
- Food Safety Level 2
- Offshore First Aid Certificate
You should also be aware...
- This role involves working away from home for extended periods of time.
- Sometimes, you may be asked to extend your trip beyond what was originally planned.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Night Cook x4 Derbyshire
Castle Donington, Derbyshire
£13.00 - £16.00 per hour
£9.50 - £10.50 per hour
Part time Cook
£8.50 per hour
Deputy Cook - School Kitchen
£0 - £10 per hour
Cook - Mon Fri role £10.50 p/h
Thornton Heath, Surrey
Up to £10.50 per hour + Negotiable