An established and well respected marine equipment manufacturer that is currently enjoying a continued period of growth. Based in Hampshire they supply the marine industry globally from sailing yachts to motor yachts and super yachts. They are looking for a motivated & experienced Account Manager to look after key UK clients as well as progressing NBD opportunities across Europe to include working with some of the World's more prestigious boat builders.
The Account Manager is responsible for all aspects of client management including generating sales and maximising profitability from the customer base. They will be expected to work closely with other members of the sales team to provide accurate market information and identify any new opportunities.
The candidate should benefit from the following:
• A proven track record in sales or account management
• Previous experience in managing all aspects of quoting, pricing levels & margin
• Experience of the marine industry and marine products
• Strong technical ability
• Computer literate and capable with excel databases & PowerPoint.
• Ideally the candidate would have some European language skills (though not essential)
• Fluent German speaker and a willingness to travel regularly
• Excellent communication & negotiation skills
• Project management experience desirable
The Account Manager is responsible for growing business with existing OEM customers, targeting NBD opportunities and maintaining day to day technical and logistical support.
• Develop a strategy to increase market share, sales & profitability with specific OEM customers Identify NBD opportunities across Europe, focussing on Anchoring and Glass into large Power yards
• Regular yard visits will be required to support and understand the customers' needs
• Responsible for all customer bids, negotiating and pricing within their accounts
• A good knowledge of excel is required to prepare customer bids
• Monitor & maintain customer service at the highest standard
• The role represents the customer and the Account Manager is responsible for reporting any issues and ensuring their resolution
Working closely with the Design Team, the Account Manager is required to understand the clients' ongoing product requirements and communicate this internally to the wider team.
Regular feedback is required to ensure New Product Development is relevant & profitable.
Market Activity & Tracking
The Account Manager will maintain a database of activity at each OEM & yard. This will include new boat development & product interest, annual production volumes, product coverage and competitor activity.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Rob Hannan at Marine Resources via the email below or call on 02380 633 399.