|Job Title:||Occupational Therapist|
|Salary:||£50 - £200 per day|
|Start Date:||2019-06-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Wright|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 14:32|
As part of the service, caseworkers assess customers’ needs and housing conditions and provide tailored advice and support on a range of issues including:
- Home aids and adaptations.
- Housing conditions, repairs and safety matters.
- Benefits, grants or loans for essential building works.
Subject to an assessment undertaken by the caseworker’s, the service identifies the needs of its customer’s to assist them in achieving a better quality of life. HEART arrange for:
- Small adaptations or equipment like bath boards, stair rails and small ramps
- Large adaptations like stair lifts, level access showers, room conversions and extensions
As part of the tendering process, we are required to provide the CV of two Occupational Therapists who are interested in undertaking the services of this contract if Pertemps Medical are successful. We are looking for OTs who have experience in assessing housing needs for disabled adaptations and home improvements. They will be covering homes in Nuneaton, Bedworth, North Warwickshire and Rugby.
The chosen OT’s will also be required to write a brief report in response to a given clinical scenario. The written report will be used as part of the tender application.
The case scenario given in the application is as follows –
A referral is received for Mr Jones via his neighbour as he is having difficulty accessing his bathroom and bedroom upstairs, he has no toilet downstairs. He has a history of frequent falls and most recently, he has sustained injuries to his face and arm after falling on the stairs. Mr Jones is 78 and lives alone. He has generalised arthritis, poor mobility and uses a walking stick, curvature of the spine and walks with a stooped posture, unstable diabetes which is poorly managed and uncontrolled epilepsy. He has a seizure most days, he does not require intervention as the seizure is brief, it is reported he loses consciousness for around a minute or two during a seizure.
- Are there any high risk areas evident from the referral that you need to consider?
- Would you consider referrals to other health or social care services? If so, which services and why?
- What areas of activities of daily living do you think you will need to address and why? Please demonstrate your professional reasoning and identify any contraindications, cause for concern or particular points for consideration when planning OT intervention.
- Is there anything you could do immediately to reduce the number of times Mr Jones needs to use the stairs?
The method statement is to include, but not be limited to:
- High risk areas
- Referrals to other services
- Likely service provision and points for consideration
- Immediate service provision
We will of course be offering a generous fee for writing this report, regardless of the outcome of the tender.
If this is something you feel you would be interested in pursuing, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to give you further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's