|Salary||£35000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||HSE|
This is a great opportunity to join the Thames Water Occupational Health & Wellbeing team to manage increasing service demands and ensure the occupational health service delivery can develop further to meet business needs. This is predominantly a field-based role where you will be required to travel to a number of our operational sites in and around the Reading and Thames Valley area. There will be a particular focus on our staff based at our site offices and corporate buildings.
This role will involve:
- Providing professional and timely advice to HR managers and supervisors to assist their management of absence.
- Participating in case conferences with managers / supervisors as appropriate including regular meetings with HR and management and educating managers on proactive ways of reducing sickness absence.
- Liaising with the Occupational Heath doctor as appropriate; and consulting with other professionals when required.
- Conducting health screening and health surveillance medicals and utilise opportunities to provide individual health advice / health promotion.
- Carrying out risk assessments (DSE, Pregnant worker and musculoskeletal).
- Participating in the planning and delivery of health promotion/education initiatives at both a local and organisational level.
- Complying with NMC guidelines on professional issues and clinical supervision.
- Maintaining accurate statistics for reporting monthly activity to identify areas of improvement and meet agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Understanding the implications of current relevant government health and safety employment legislation and approved codes of practice and advising on practical implementation.
- Responding professionally to all people who may have dealings with the Occupational Health.
- You must be a registered Nurse with a Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health.
- Occupational Health qualification recorded on part 3 of the Nursing and Midwifery Council register.
- Highly motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team within a commercial environment.
- Have good clinical knowledge and experience of case management, health screening/surveillance (including audiometry and spirometry) & undertaking health risk assessments.
- A sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulatory and operational requirements
- You will be personable with excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build relationships within all areas of the business.
- You will be able to work on your own initiative and manage your own time.
- You should also be competent in Microsoft packages and ideally familiar with clinical databases such as the Cohort software system.
What’s in it for you:
Whilst this is a fulltime opportunity, you will have the autonomy to work flexibly from home and on site whilst managing your own caseload. We are open to new ideas and approaches so if you have innovative and creative solutions, we are happy to work with you to see these through to implementation. This is a key role in our organisation where our aim is to provide occupational health best practice and we are making a measurable difference to the health of our employees. We believe here at Thames Water that our people are the key to success, and we require a highly effective candidate that has the natural ability to work both as part of great team and to stand out as an exceptional individual.
Our competitive salary package includes a car allowance, excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community around the local area, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times. We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity, Disability Confident, and Stonewall diversity champion employer, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.