|Salary||£24000 - £27000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
You will be required to manage and maintain our sewer network whilst helping to resolve customer issues and ongoing works. You will be overseeing our contractors daily and working alongside them to resolve defects on our network and any customer issues.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Taking personal ownership of customer issues i.e. responding to queries and complaints and resolving issues.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards during repairs.
- Acting as local network expert providing information for risk assessments and sharing information regarding network risks and other health and safety issues.
- Attending meetings with external stakeholders to discuss planned works and how best Thames Water can support these.
- Supporting the Field Operations Specialist on high level customer complaints such as internal flooding & pollutions to ensure agreed approach is delivered.
- Supervising contractors to ensure that they are adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Working in compliance with company procedures including operational standards, health and safety and streetworks legislation.
- We are looking for someone with proven experience in an engineering & fault finding role however this is not essential.
- As you will be spending time dealing with contractors and customers, you need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You will need to be IT literate and be able to demonstrate a proactive approach with problem solving skills.
- It is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work and work deal effectively should an event occur in the field.
- A clean driving licence is essential.
This role provides an interesting working environment as no one day or one job is the same whilst liaising with the environment agency, various stakeholders, and customers. This role will suit someone who is self-motivated and enjoys the responsibility of making quick accurate assessments on a variety of situations to develop cost effective service recovery solutions. You will form part of a supportive and trusting team.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.