|Location||Isle of Wight||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£32000 - £38000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
With a strong forward project list, the company has been going from strength to strength and now employs a multitalented team of designers, engineers and naval architects to create designs for craft from 13-50m (with capacity for larger and smaller). Joining the small but effective structures team, this role will focus heavily across the structural design of craft, almost exclusively in composites.
The role will include:
- Liaison with design and naval architecture from initial concept
- Generation of 3D and 2D structural drawings for production
- Liaison internally and externally to ensure design conforms to the constraints of client and colleague requirements
- Ensuring that structural works adhere to RCD, MCA or RINA class
- Custom structural projects for one-off builds.
- 3D Modelling
This is an exciting role that will suit someone with around 5 years postgraduate experience within either composite or series built craft who is keen to join a brand with excellent career growth potential. You'll be confident working with a range of softwares (ideally Siemens NX) and be adept at the use of FEA tools (Ideally Nastran). With a degree in Ship Science or Naval Architecture, you'll show clear confidence in engineering!
On offer is a strong salary offering and a great working environment that will include a variety of benefits and great working terms.
If you'd like to know more, please contact Alisha on 02380 633399