|Salary||£42000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering|
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for two experienced Melt Preparers (within the Melt Section) to join a Global, leading business within the Aerospace industry. Having sites all around the world and contracts with all of the largest Aerospace businesses, this really is a great opportunity.
The purpose of the role:-
• To prepare furnaces with electrodes/ingots for VAR Melting;
• To convert electrodes/ingots into ingots using Vacuum Arc Re-melting (VAR) furnaces.
You will be required to carry out the following tasks:-
• Cleaning: use appropriate mechanical and hand techniques to clean furnaces;
• Loading: load pre-signed electrodes/ingots in order to be stubbed prior to melting;
• Inspecting: inspect electrodes/ingots following stubbing to enable melting to commence;
• Stripping: strip furnaces, after appropriate cooling times, in order to clean the furnaces. The use of hydraulic jacks and stripping techniques are required to safely remove the hot ingots;
• Preparing: ensure that all pre melt conditions are met prior to stubbing, i.e. paper work, leak rates, furnace conditions;
• Stubbing: use appropriate techniques to plunge weld a stub onto an electrode/ingot following to enable melting to commence;
• Melting: to convert electrodes/ingots into ingots using VAR furnaces;
• General: use continuous improvement tools to maintain & improve the efficiency of the area.
Previous experience of working in a heavy industrial background would be advantageous as well as prior experience of working with machine tools and working towards written instructions.
This is an excellent opportunity for progression and self-development within the group.
Based on working a Full Continental shift (4 on 4 off Days and Nights). The remuneration package will include OTE earnings of £42k (including shift allowances) once fully trained, with a company pension scheme and other benefits.
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to email@example.com