|Location||Greenock, Inverclyde||Job Type||Temporary|
|Salary||£18 - £167 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Blue Arrow have great opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to work for a well-known client in Greenock.
This role is key in improving and optimising the operational performance of the factory. The environment is demanding and fast-paced, with conflicting priorities and requires a flexible, responsive, collaborative and pro-active approach, and the exercise of good judgement in deciding priorities.
* Assist in assembling new machinery.
* Contribute to capital projects to ensure the effective installation, commissioning and operation of new equipment so that the anticipated benefits are delivered as quickly as possible.
* Comply with all Company and regulatory quality, food safety, hygiene and health, safety & environmental standards, policies and procedures. Adopt a "clean as you go policy". Take responsibility for your own and your colleagues' safety. Ensure that all work is carried out safely and no colleagues are put at risk. Keep the workshop secure and tidy at all times; participating in the cleaning rota as required.
* Complete all required documentation accurately and on-time (e.g. shift handover logs, PM schedules, reactive maintenance logs, permits etc
* Maintain good communications with your colleagues in engineering, production and other functions so that they are aware of the status of lines, breakdowns and other relevant information. Effective shift handovers are a key element of good communications.
* Provide support to your engineering colleagues to help them resolve issues as quickly as possible. Seek support and advice where necessary.
* To carry out such other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Modern Engineering Apprenticeship SVQ 3 (or equivalent)
HNC in an engineering/electrical discipline.
Experience in maintenance roles in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Experience of food manufacturing & packing, including pick & place robotics.
* Expertise in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and basic competence in the other discipline
* Some knowledge of:
* Good numeracy & literacy
* IT/PC skills
* Problem solving & diagnostic skills using machine manuals and wiring diagrams etc
*Instant access to Blue Arrow's online training portal
*Instant access to online retail discounts
*Automatic entry and consideration for Blue Arrow's monthly Superstars recognition scheme
If you are interested please call Fiona on 01698 747 024 for an immediate interview or attach your CV.