Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Start Date:||April 2019|
|Contact Name:||Kristy Moore|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019 09:59|
Objectives and responsibilities
➢ Work closely with all team members and suppliers to ensure all details on layouts are accurate for their purpose.
➢ Liaise with suppliers for information and communication for manufacture.
* To prepare CAD layouts using AutoCAD/Autodesk Inventor 3D, GA layouts, Plant Design Drawings, civils layouts, flow diagrams, pipework layouts, stairs and access layouts.
* To be capable of communicating with suppliers for information and layouts
* Have an understanding of BS standards for stairs, walkways, access platforms etc.
* Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
* Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Inventor 3D
* Production of detailed manufacturing drawings complete with listings for materials i.e. steel, mechanical items etc.
* Working from an arrangement drawing or by measuring components etc.
* Liaise with customers \ suppliers \ other members of staff to ensure feasibility and cost effectiveness of designs
* Work with the Project Managers & Manufacturing Department on projects
* Carry out site surveys when required and produce layout drawings
* Produce Project Costing documents from Sales/Concept Drawings
* Visit to sites as and when required
* Able to use Microsoft Office to include word, excel, outlook etc.
* Liaise with Design Engineer to produce accurate civils drawings, pipe work drawings, ducting drawings, installation drawings
* Liaise with Service Manager to agree resourcing for installations
* Coordinate the preparation of detailed project programs in line with delivery schedule and agreed completion dates of installations
* Highlight continuous improvement opportunities to generate cost savings, improved installation methods and process improvements.
* Resolve all installation and production issues to the customer's satisfaction in a cost effective and timely manner
* Future machine development, design and manufacture.
* Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
* To ensure the production of design deliverables for projects are to time, within budget and to the appropriate quality
* Degree or equivalent
* Previous experience of working in a CAD/Mechanical environment
* From a design/drawing office environment
* Solid understanding of structural mechanical principles and experience in the design of structural steel
* A sound knowledge of the Construction/Mining/ Material handling Industry
Working Monday to Friday office hours with a good benefits package in place
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's