Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: 25 Days Holiday, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension Plan|
|Contact Name:||Sam Druiff|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2019 13:51|
An excellent opportunity not to be missed for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer within building services, with a well-established firm, taking on varied and diverse projects, working within a team atmosphere.
An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer is needed to join this vastly experienced, and talented team based in Oxford. A diverse client list including Formula One Teams, Education, Retail, Leisure, and many more, you’ll have a wide range of sectors to work with.
What a Mechanical Design Engineer will be doing
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed design
- Using specialist Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- Ideally 3-4 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license
This firm take pride in looking after their colleagues, they really invest in their training and development to get the most out of everyone and as you will find from day one, everyone is rewarded. Their benefits include,
- 25 Days Holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension: Standard 5% Company Contribution
- Highly Competitive Salary
An award winning, UK top 20 multi-discipline property and construction consltancy. Core disciplines include Civil and Structural Engineering, Project management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Building Services Engineering, Building Services Maintenance Management, Property Consultancy, Architecture, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Legal Support Services, Traffic & Transportation, Infrastructure Commercial Management, Geo-Environmental. In addition, they provide property consultancy expertise for asset management, modern procurement, planned maintenance programmes, innovative strategies and holistic delivery planning.
Maintaining a wide spread of projects across all of the sectors covered, emphasises the strength in depth and diverse range in activity.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's