|Job Title:||Maintenance Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000 - £34500 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-10-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Keith Dodds|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 11:30|
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure production targets and quality objectives are met by contributing to the effective maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment. To work as part of a team responsible for meeting quality, cost and timing targets within the role.
1. Diagnose and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently.
2. Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems.
3. Plan and implement equipment improvement.
4. Ensure that all processes meet health and safety requirements and that procedures are followed.
5. Carry out planned maintenance work.
6. Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system.
7. Contribute to cost reduction projects.
8. To maintain a safe working environment and actively support the continuing development of a safety culture.
9. To work flexibly and carry out additional duties as requested.
1. Good, sound manufacturing engineering experience essential, ie an understanding of manufacturing processes, (automotive experience a strong advantage).
2. A multiskilled engineering background with electro-mechanical experience is essential for this role
3. Comprehensive understanding of equipment mechanics / limitations etc.
4. Knowledge and experience of Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Pressure Vessels, Thermal Oil and Steam will be a strong advantage
5. PLC experience essential ideally Siemens and Mitsubishi
6. Robots experience of working with ABB (S4C/IRC5)
7. Chemicals experience of working with ISO and Poly
8. Able to understand ‘modern engineering philosophies', for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, JIB, Muda, 5's, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001, etc.
9. Basic knowledge of business and quality systems in the automotive sector. Understanding of automotive manufacturers' practices.
10. BTEC Certificate in Engineering, City & Guilds Electrical Installation Parts I & II or equivalent.
1. Team player.
2. Ability to manage conflicts and differences of opinion and still achieve objectives.
3. Excellent verbal and written communicator at all levels of an organisation.
4. Self motivated.
5. Time management and planning skills.
2. Experience within first or second tier supply automotive or fast paced manufacturing environment.
3. Experience of a pressurised working environment and producing quick and beneficial results.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's