|Salary||£13 - £17 per hour||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
£13.98 - £16.80 p/h + shift allowance
There is an immediate requirement for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to undertake planned and reactive maintenance within a heavy industrial environment.
It is essential that you have experience of repair and maintenance of plant machinery and services in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
An ideal candidate will have:
- A time served apprenticeship in a relevant technical discipline
- A recognised Electrical and/or Mechanical qualification, minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Proven Mechanical maintenance ability with Hydraulic and Pneumatic experience
- Strong experience of HV and LV supplies
- Ability to respond to breakdowns and carry out planned maintenance
- Experience of heavy industry i.e. pressings, casting, extrusion or stampings
- Computer literacy
- PLC experience and experience with electronic temperature controllers an advantage
- Knowledge of Gas Burners will be an advantage
- Knowledge of calibration an advantage
- To repair and maintain plant and equipment.
- To work within all safety policies and procedures.
- To ensure plant and equipment is in a safe and acceptable condition.
- To work in conjunction with production in order to minimise plant downtime.
- To work in a team.
- Complete relevant maintenance documents accurately and on time.
- Booking systems are updated.
Candidates with a good multi-skilled background that are looking to join a very successful local manufacturing company, who do not currently hold all of the skills and experiences mentioned above, are encouraged to apply for this role. As long as the core skills are present, training will be given to fully establish new skills as necessary.
Flexibility to accommodate shift working will be required (rotating 3 shift pattern). In return, a permanent position is offered with salary of £13.98 - £16.80 p/h, plus overtime paid at a premium rate (when available, not guaranteed).