Maintenance and Variations Supervisor
|Job Title:||Maintenance and Variations Supervisor|
|Salary:||Up to £32,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-04-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 15:19|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Maintenance and Variations Supervisor to support the Senior Management team in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations within the hospital estate at Royal Stoke, establishing efficient and effective compliance review procedures.
In this role, you’ll be primarily responsible for the Preventative Planned Maintenance of all Electrical Services, Operational Equipment, Decontamination, Mechanical and Building Infrastructure within the PFI.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must. Call Out Rota and AP Responsibilities requiredMain responsibilities
- Fully competent (AP Appointed) in the routine planned maintenance, repair and testing of Electrical assets to include and not limited to – LV distribution systems, generators, nurse call systems, BMS, security cameras and associated equipment, door/access controls, hearing loops, emergency lighting, building and mechanical elements
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and shutdown of required areas liaising with NHS staff and contractors to ensure clarity and efficiency of scheduled dates, times and areas to be completed whilst observing cost efficiency throughout
- Carry out and manage Variation and Lifecycle Works from receipt through to completion, organizing with end users, Trust projects and contractors to deliver projects within given timescales and budgets whilst keeping records / drawings updated
- Interpretation of technical terminology used in the Electrical, Mechanical and Building infrastructure
- The safe operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the PFI Hospital site. Carrying out a wide range of repairs and new works to a high standard. Working on own initiative when applicable or as part of a team
- Management of a reactive maintenance service during both normal operating hours and outside operating hours of the hospital
- Undertake Authorised Person and or Competent Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems
- Completion of C+G/Btec or equivalent in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, recognised apprenticeship, time served
- Qualified to 17th Edition Electrical Regulations
- Proven substantial experience within Mechanical / Electrical trade
- Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
- Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
- Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations
- Report writing skill
- Must be computer literate preferably with knowledge of building management systems
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with good level of mathematical skills
- Experience in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering maintenance
- Previous experience within a Health Service context
- Demonstrating maturity in working with multi-discipline trade groups
- Any specialist knowledge relevant to the health care environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's