Light Plant Engineer - Kirkcaldy
|Job Title:||Light Plant Engineer - Kirkcaldy|
|Start Date:||2019-06-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Emma Halliwell|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019 10:27|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Light Plant Engineer to take overall responsibility for the inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of plant equipment returned to workshops by depots in the region, ensuring that all work undertaken is safe and complies with Speedy Hire safety standards.
Introduction to Speedy…
We may have started small but we’ve always had big ideas. Since Speedy was established in 1977 we have grown into the UK’s leading hire business. Along the way we’ve won countless awards for innovation, safety and our commitment to training to name but a few. Our people are the heart of our business and it’s their commitment and professionalism that makes us the biggest and the best in the industry.Package description
Competitive salary with pension, 21 days holidays rising to 26 after 1 year plus bank holidays, salary bonus, life assurance and our fantastic salary extras scheme that offers cycle to work and various other fantastic benefits along with our great staff discounts.Main responsibilities
- Providing technical assistance to depots and customers as may be required from time to time
- Completion of transfer sheets, test tickets and all associated inspection, repair and maintenance paperwork
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the inspection, testing, maintenance and repair requirements of the company’s product range
- Supporting the workshop manager/foreman including in the training of depot and other workshop employees in the safe use, inspection and testing of hire equipment
- Keeping the wokshop safe, tidy and well organised
- Previous experience in one or more of the following roles: Service Engineer; Mobile Service Engineer; Plant Fitter, Mobile Plant Fitter, Mobile Service Engineer, Forklift Engineer
- You will need previous experience within the materials handling and construction equipment industry
- Able to work without instruction
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Positive, personable with a can-do attitude
Speedy are the leading provider of hire products and supporting services to the construction, industrial and infrastructure sectors. We have a network of over 200 depots across the UK and Ireland, and over 3000 people who offer a nationwide service and look after the largest hire fleet in the market.
We also lead in health, safety and sustainability. We are the safest hire provider, based on accident and industry rates, and have the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. Our hire fleet also includes an increasing range of green option products, helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and reduce their environmental impact.
Vision, mission and values:
Our vision is to become the best company in our sector to do business with and the best to work for.
Our mission is to provide safe, reliable hire equipment and services to enable successful delivery of customer projects.
- Safe – the first priority in everything we do
- As One – working together to collectively achieve our goals
- Innovative – to continuously improve
- Driven – to deliver first class customer service
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's