|Job Title:||Legislative Lead|
|Salary:||£1 - £10000 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-05-06 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Irvine|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2019 17:09|
The hours of work are Monday - Thursday 08.30-17.00 and Friday 08.30-16.30. You may have to travel to other offices within Edinburgh.
You will be working on within a high profile project team, on an exciting project. You will be leading work to deliver all legislation required for the Project, which will include Ministerial and Parliament engagement. You will also be involved with preparation of secondary legislation and regulations. You will be working with colleagues in the public sector to ensure all legislation is passed in a timely manner to ensure that the project can take place lawfully.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Being the first point of contact for legal matters
- Build strong relationships with colleagues to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the policy that needs to be developed into instructions for drafting of subordinate legislation
- Develop clear and accurate policy instructions to develop Orders and Regulations
- Work closely on the drafting of subordinate legislation, including checking draft versions of legislation to ensure it accurately reflects policy
- Responsive to fast-paced policy development and be able to spot inconsistencies when they crop up and highlight to senior staff
- Write briefings for Ministers, showing political acuity where required
- Attend meetings as required
- Advising on matters that relate to legislation including on design decisions
You should be:
- Able to understand policy, drawing on a range of often complex evidence, to provide clear and concise instructions
- Able to influence, negotiate and collaborate effectively
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Experienced in drafting briefings and submissions, with the ability to articulate complex information clearly
- Able to manage yourself and colleagues in an organised and responsive way
Please note that successful applicants will be expected to obtain a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online immediately. The deadline for applications is Monday 6th May at 1200pm.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's