LEGAL COUNSEL (London)
|Job Title:||LEGAL COUNSEL (London)|
|Salary:||Competitive Salary + Benefits|
|Start Date:||2019-01-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Patricia D`Arcy|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 17:06|
UK Qualified lawyer (5 years PQE)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client a residential property provider has a huge 5-year expansion plan to not only grow their existing property portfolio throughout the UK currently operating across 10 cities in the UK but also diversify into a wider range of residential markets, with several further developments planned to open in 2019-2020 in both the UK and Europe.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for providing legal support across the portfolio including, tenancies, commercial contracts, licensing, disputes, compliance and employment. Working directly with the Senior Management Team and Asset Management team, this role will advise colleagues and consultants on matters of risk and legal compliance related to business operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Draft, negotiate and manage the day-to-day commercial agreements.
- Advise the business on tenancy agreements, issues and disputes.
- Integrate with the group legal function, adding value with respect to corporate policies and procedures across the group.
- Manage intellectual property including trademark applications and disputes.
- Advise on, mitigate and track legal risk across the business.
- Review, update and implement procedures to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations applicable to operations in the UK and in Europe.
- Manage litigation matters and other disputes
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders, peers and colleagues.
- Manage corporate governance and company records.
- Consult and liaise with Asset Management's legal team
- Managing external counsel where retained on specific projects.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation in all relevant jurisdictions that may impact the business.
- Conduct legal research as required.
- Experience working in an in-house legal role (essential)
- Qualified lawyer in the UK, ideally 5 years PQE.
- Significant experience advising on commercial and contracts law.
- Strong background in corporate and commercial law
- Experience of working in the property sector.
- Experience handling disputes and litigation.
- Experience of working with European jurisdictions.
- Results-driven and pragmatic.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver legal advice to non-lawyers in a common-sense manner.
- Flexible approach and able to adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build rapport
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Professional and friendly team player.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Willingness to travel between multiple offices within the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills required.
- Ability to speak a foreign language would also be an advantage (Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch and/or German).
If you have the skills described above and are interested in applying for this role please CLICK AND APPLY NOW!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's