Legal Assistant - Court of Protection Deputy
|Job Title:||Legal Assistant - Court of Protection Deputy|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-06-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Shereen Benjamin|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2019 15:17|
Hours: Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm Fridays 9am to 4pm 33.75
Salary: £22000 min (salary Negotiable dependant on experience)
Location: South Nottingham (close to the Ruddington area)
Our client is a niche firm acting for clients who are seriously injured as a result of personal injury or clinical negligence. An experienced lawyer is needed to act as Deputy for our clients, working closely with the Court of Protection Officer who heads up our Court of Protection Department. They only act for clients who have received compensation awards and lack capacity under the Mental Capacity Act.
The nature of Deputy work involves helping vulnerable clients and their families. As well as assisting with existing cases, the candidate will be expected to work independently to manage new clients requiring a Deputy. The ideal candidate will have already worked as a Deputy in a solicitor's firm, preferably with a minimum 3-5 years' experience.
The Court of Protection Deputy role will include:
• Working with the litigation department during the course of a claim.
• Advising clients and families in relation to the Court application process.
• Liaising with the OPG and Court, including preparing applications to the Court.
• Annual deputy report preparation.
• Creating and managing clients' budgets.
• Calculating gratuitous care and other costs in relation to best interest and affordability.
• Day to day contact with clients and their individual lifestyle requirements, including home visits.
• General administration including paying invoices.
• Understanding when and how to instruct other professionals in relation to Care/Therapies/Wills/Financial advice/Property sales/Debt/Benefits/Matrimonial matters/Bereavement.
The successful Court of Protection Deputy will have the following skills:
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must have a flexible and proactive approach with a can-do attitude.
• Proactive and practical approach to resolving problems.
• Sensitive and empathetic.
• Excellent communication skills with both clients and professionals.
• Organised and able to prioritise.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Must be client focused and have the ability to manage client and family expectations.
• Numeracy and budgeting skills.
If you have the relevant experience, APPLY NOW!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Legal Administration Assistant (Family)
£16900 - £18300 per annum
Kingston upon Hull
£16500 - £17000 per annum
£23000 - £24000 per annum
Operational Support Assistant - Advertised on behalf of South Yorkshire CRC
Band 2 salary commencing at £18,203 pro-rated
Finance Legal Biller
£20000 - £25000 per annum