|Salary||£20000 - £21000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
An established professional association /charity based in the Centre of Bristol, not far from Temple Meads are looking for an Learning & Development/Events Co-ordinator to join them.
Our client offer brilliant benefits including; 27 days holiday + bank holidays. Parking will also be provided on a rota basis. They are based near Cabot Circus so very central location. Option to buy holiday options and an excellent pension scheme which is 10 % employer - 6 % employee.
You will be working Full time, 37.5 hours a week and receive a salary circa £20,000 - £21,000 per annum (depending on experience).
The role is Bristol based with some travel throughout the UK (A driving licence is preferred but not essential).
This exciting role will require you to organise, market and manage the Skills Development programmes as well as Branch events across all managed regions. Provide administrative and secretarial support to the relevant boards. Support the Financial Management Training Scheme Executive across all managed regions as directed by L&D Manager. Liaise with other L&D co-ordinators on a regular basis to develop best practise and share workload.
Key duties will include:
- Publicise programme workshop/conferences/events, oversee event bookings, delegate databases and develop and maintain a database of speakers, venues etc.
- Prepare conference documentation, joining instructions, badges (e.g. printing, consolidating packs for use at meetings). Summarise post-conference evaluation and organise thank you letters to speakers
- Liaise with speakers, facilitators and Conference Chairs; co-ordinate speaker requirements and presentation deadlines
- Meet and greet at conferences and seminars in any managed region as directed by L&D Manager and oversee all arrangements to ensure smooth running of the event
- Manage communications and booking details with venues and supervise the event running order to ensure a good quality service is received
- Prepare & update budgets for programmes/conferences gaining sign off and running costs for approval and attend monthly Finance meetings to track costs
- Respond to queries from delegates in a timely manner (or urgently when required)
- Liaise with Board Chairs to organise quarterly Board meetings. Prepare agenda, papers, minutes for board meetings in conjunction with the chair of each Board and L&D Manager
- Organise dates, venues and agendas for quarterly Deputy Director of Finance Meetings and provide a monthly credit report to organisations.
- Provide secretarial support to the Branch Chair and Committees. Schedule, organise and attend Branch committee meetings. Oversee the branch student committees.
- Organise the compilation and circulation of Branch meeting agendas, reports and minutes. Participate in and take the minutes of each meeting, as well as chasing up outstanding actions.
- Oversee the branch committee positions, ensuring that a chair / vice-chair and treasurer are always present.
- Branch Membership administration and maintain the Branch pages on the website.
- Work with the business development team to arrange details for sponsorship at conferences /seminars.
- Facilitate / organise the Branch Annual Conference & AGM
- Develop with the Branch Committee a programme of events, including organising programmes and running the planned events
- Write a quarterly newsletter for members and liaise with other organisations for joint events.
- Marketing meetings and projects at a relevant event.
In order to be successful for this role it is ESSENTIAL that you have the following:
- Experience of working effectively with minimal supervision and liaising with/ talking to customers/ delegates at a senior level.
- Outstanding proven organisational abilities with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Outstanding skills in building rapport with customers/members and excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work in a small team, excellent time management skills and flexible approach to work
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (ideal but not essential)
- Confident, positive outlook with a can-do attitude
- High energy initiative and motivated to succeed
- Creative, works well with people and a sense of humour
A car owner / driver is desirable
If you are interested in this role please click apply now! Or alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com at the Bristol Office