|Job Title:||Kitchen Porter|
|Start Date:||2019-04-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||John Anderson|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019 08:51|
We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter/Potwash to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
37.5 hours per week @ £9.00 per hour
20 days annual leave with an additional 11 public holidays.
Successful applicant required to be security screened and provide a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate dated within the last 12 months.
Must have an excellent grasp of English language as communication skills are imperative to be able to undertake duties.Main responsibilities
- To clean allocated pieces of heavy catering equipment using instructions and cleaning materials.
- To operate an industrial dishwasher.
- To exercise due care & attention to ensure minimal breakages of equipment.
- To transport provisions, equipment and other catering related items as required.
- To maintain clean working environment at all times, with special regard to hygiene.
- To ensure the end of day cleanliness of the dishwasher machine with a daily clean to a safe hygienic standard
- To ensure the proper storage/disposal of all waste products in accordance with Mandatory regulations
- To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the department’s activities
- To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
- To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
- To attend meetings and courses, as required.
- To ensure that all tableware, serving dishes & Cooking utensils are cleaned in a timely manner
- To accept deliveries of goods
- Good communications skills
- Ability to adhere to health & safety practices
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Previous kitchen Porter experience in a similar working environment
Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's