|Job Title:||Invoice Controller|
|Salary:||£9.16 - £10.46 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-03-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Claire Beedon|
|Job Published:||March 07, 2019 14:57|
The Role and Responsibilities:
• Open sales ledger accounts ensuring that complete and accurate address details are completed.
• Processing and posting sales invoices and credit note requests, ensuring that the request is complete, obtaining purchase order numbers, and posting to the University Financial accounts in an accurate and efficient manner to strict deadlines.
• Producing reports as required monitoring invoicing workload; for example, the number and age of invoices waiting to be issued.
• Resolving any queries relating to producing invoices.
• Supervising the invoicing process as a whole, distributing the workload between staff during peak periods and ensuring invoices are processed in order.
• Providing training to staff within Income Processing and the wider University who are involved in raising and requesting invoices
• Providing a basic level of cover for staff absences, being able to answer most general queries.
• With respect to the invoice requests received promoting the online shop where appropriate as a preferred method of income collection. Working with staff outside of Finance to review their processes and identify how an online payment mechanism could replace invoicing.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have Invoice Controller experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and Word applications with a general high degree of computer literacy.
• Knowledge of the University’s financial procedures.
• General VAT knowledge is desirable.
• Be highly literate and numerate.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, tact, discretion and patience are essential.
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work on a number of different processes at the same time.
• Ability to prioritise own workloads and work under pressure to meet targets.
• Be adaptable in approach to work, including a commitment to work flexible hours to give the best customer service.
• Will have attained a degree or equivalent qualification, or be able to demonstrate substantial relevant experience such that the tasks detailed in the job description can be carried out effectively.
• Experience of invoicing, cash handling, banking and card payments is an advantage.
• Experience gained in a large customer-focused credit control environment would be an advantage.
Full time hours - 36 per week
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's