|Salary||Competitive, based on experience||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
This role involves working closely with the management team, employees across the business, and your global HSQE manager and counterparts. Using your expert knowledge and skills and leading by example, you will generate and promote a positive health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) culture across the business and to help control occupational & HSQE risks.
Naturally you will take pride in ensuring that all legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted, and will take an active role in planning, implementing, monitoring and reviewing the necessary protective and preventative measures. You will have a strong drive for working towards continual improvement and minimisation of HSQE incidents and nonconformities within the scope of company activities and will use your strong people skills to engage employees at all functions and levels of the business.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced HSQE professional to use their technical knowledge and strategic thinking in a practical way.Package description
This role is best suited to someone already based in/around Santiago - there is no relocation package available.Main responsibilities
- Report to both the Chilean Managing Director and the Global HSQE Manager and act as the management representative responsible for HSQE in the country.
- Implementation of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Internal audits against ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS 18001 and the organisation’s Integrated Management System plus inspections and evaluations for compliance with any current and relevant legislation and any other requirements.
- Keeping up to date with developments in legislation and advising the business as appropriate.
- Manage 3rd party ISO certification including attending audits, disseminating results, and ensuring corrective action plans are developed and carried out.
- Management of regional incident, near miss and observation reporting in ‘Synergi Life’ software, and development of corrective / preventive action plans, ensuring close out of actions. Notify authorities where required and compile incident and nonconformity statistics.
- Frequent site inspections of operational sites and the yard and workshop activities.
- Raising awareness of the effects of alcohol and drug use and the co-ordination of alcohol and drug testing.
- Process mapping using ‘Cofano Blue’ software and providing input for preparation and updating of HSQE management system policies, procedures, forms, templates and other documents.
- Development and delivery of specific HSQE training within the organisation, and assistance with identification of other training needs and sourcing of training.
- Practical advice on and preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Assist engineering and operations with development of new safe systems of work, safety apparatus and use of new technology.
- Office fire systems management
- To liaise with clients and customers where necessary relating to HSQE issues, and promotion of customer focus, satisfaction surveys and HSQE awareness throughout the business.
- Assist procurement with assessment, evaluation and re-evaluation of the HSQE performance and suitability of approved key suppliers and sub-contractors
- Attendance, raising issues and taking minutes at Management Review and Employee Consultation meetings.
- Assist the sales team with review and completion of bid documents, pre-tender and qualification questionnaires.
- Improving environmental performance through utility usage tracking, carbon footprint calculations where required etc. Also to conduct ‘Duty of Care’ checks and ensure waste disposal contractors have appropriate licenses, and that season tickets, waste transfer notes and hazardous waste consignment notes are maintained.
- Analyse trends and other data in order to provide HSQE performance feedback to management and assist with setting of regional targets.
- Minimum relevant diploma level in safety, environmental and quality management or similar recognised vocational qualification (Ingeniería en Prevención de Riesgo)
- Internal Auditor Certification in ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Implementation of ISO Certificates
- Recognised supervisory, management or higher education qualification
- Industrial/mining sector safety requirements
- Specific heavy lift and transport industry knowledge including transport, large cranes and specialised lifting equipment
- A minimum of 2 years HSQE experience at an appropriate level
- Experience of dealing with all levels of management
- Thorough understanding of ISO 9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007
- HSQE experience at project/site level
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Proven administration experience within a project management and problem-solving oriented business
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Intermediate Excel / Word / Outlook
- Competent communicator in English and Spanish
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Good communicator – written and verbal, and able to adapt style, mode, message and delivery to suit people in different functions and levels of the business.
- High level of self-motivation
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Quality and detail focus
- Proactive and organised
- Effective planer
- Passionate about HSQE and engaging
- Driving licence
PassportAbout the company
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.