|Salary||£34000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Recruitment & HR|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced HR professional to join us. This role will deliver a professional, high quality and customer focused HR service to our leaders within Operations, Asset Management and Capital Delivery.
You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the people strategy, identifying, leading & delivering specific people projects and supporting the business to achieve its targets .You will be confident in working with data to analyse trends and drive fact based decisions to deliver a change in performance. This role will involve:
- Working as part of the overall Operations, Asset Management and Capital Delivery HR team to implement and deliver our people strategy.
- Partnering effectively within the business to deliver a high quality HR service to our people.
- Supporting cultural/operational change programmes which support both customer and operational excellence and
- Instil a performance culture across the business.
- Enhancing management capability through the provision of expert advice and guidance, facilitating workshops, and providing specialist information and recommendations to our leaders in order to assist and influence decision making.
- Proactively challenging current practices and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Analysing and interpreting HR people data to measure and manage performance and communicate the results and findings to our leaders across the business.
- Making recommendations & advice following on from data analysis; suggesting a change in focus where appropriate
- Liaising with our Managers Advice Service on ER cases, understanding what cases we have and signposting managers to use this service for day to day people issues; Linking in with our ER specialist team who will provide ER case management as required.
- Building, maintaining and managing both internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and professional bodies, to enhance the quality of the HR service and support the business in the delivery of business objectives.
- Working closely with the HR teams across the business to support the delivery of business needs, ensuring strategies and planned benefits are understood and influencing HR thinking and solutions.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:Are you an accomplished HR practitioner with experience in people-projects?
We are seeking an HR professional with excellent influencing and communication skills and a track record of delivering high quality outputs. You will have demonstrable project delivery capability and be commercially aware along with having a strong analytical mindset and the ability to use tools to manipulate and present data in order to improve performance.
A sound knowledge of HR principles, ER practices and employment law is required, with experience of working with employee representatives and trade unions. You must have a sound comprehension of HR and business models and their application in meeting business requirements. You will have worked in a large matrix environment, having built excellent working relationships with senior stakeholders.
What’s in it for you:
This is an exciting role to work within a fast-paced HR Team which offers exposure to senior stakeholders and opportunities for personal growth and development.
You will be at the forefront of positive change, taking ownership of our people, helping our operational teams to deliver their strategy.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppyling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.