|Job Title:||HR Advisor|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Up to £12.64 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Robert Cain|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 15:22|
Acorn are looking to fill a Human Resources Advisor Position for a Major client (Tata Steel) at their Wednesfield plant
Job Title : Human Resources Advisor
Location: Wednesdfield, West Midlands
Department: Human Resources
Salary Range: £12.64 per hour
Contract: 6 Months (Via Agency)
Tata Steel is one of the worlds top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Were part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do; HR operate as a key service provider to all manufacturing units, functions and Technical. The role will include ensuring customer needs are delivered beyond their expectations, liaising on a regular basis as the principle point of contact putting customer service first, to ensure customer needs are met or exceeded. We can offer employees the opportunity to work within a global, diverse company who put employees at the very front of delivering a first class service to our customers.
A vacancy has arisen within the HR Function for an experienced Human Resources Advisor. HR Advisors provide a generalist, HR Operations service, which is fully integrated with and complements the other components of the HR Operating Model. You will be responsible for ensuring the day-to-day delivery of a professional, cost effective HR service to line managers, employees and key stakeholders. Within the role, you will implement and promote standard processes to designated areas or projects in support through face to face or telephone/email service. You will act in conjunction with and under the guidance, where necessary, of colleagues to identify any areas of business risk. Some of the areas you will cover within the role include:
· Working under the broad guidance of the Service Delivery Manager, maintain a relationship with designated areas, and the relevant HR Business Partner or HR Manager. Support the implementation of HR projects, activities, processes and programmes, developing line managers capability while improving business performance and maintaining an acceptable risk profile, as set out in guidelines and policy.
· Ability to lead negotiations, key influencer with stakeholders and be capable of working autonomously, whilst delivering business requirements. Deliver key people processes: Improve Line Management Capability
· Improve the ability of line managers to undertake their people responsibilities effectively and confidently
· Acting in alignment with and under the broad guidance and direction of Business HR for the area, promote, advise on and implement a range of policies and processes (e.g. rewards, appraisal, training, performance management and employee involvement) to maximise the performance of those employed in the Business both as individuals and members of a team.
· Undertake non-standard /ad hoc enquiries/activity which are outside the scope of the line managers role and service centre product catalogue.
· Ensure process steps preparatory to recruitment are completed to acceptable quality to enable recruitment activity including offer to progress unhindered. (Job codes, approvals, evaluations for new roles confirm grading , terms and skills profile for existing roles where necessary). Ensure induction arrangements are effective and implemented.
· Work with line managers to ensure they maintain a meaningful and vibrant training plan, using the tools available. Provide basic face-to-face support on training where needed and signpost to the appropriate specialist advisor where necessary. Deliver standard training packages devised or approved by the L&D CoE, maintaining the benefits of standardisation across TSE.
· Provide feedback and contribute to the controlled development of HR practices, policies and procedures so to ensure the establishment of best HR practice across TSE based on Continuous Improvement Loops for every HR-process. Use EIC and other tools to collect and analyse service performance data in order to provide management information on service levels and costs Implement Key Changes in the Organisation
· Support reorganisation processes in the area and case manage outplacement activity.
· Ability to lead negotiations with relevant TU representatives to deliver organisational change as determined by the business. Advise and Coach line management: Projects, Processes, and Casework
· Advise and support line managers in respect of HR casework with a low to moderate risk profile, and action process steps as defined (within the current scheme of delegated authority). Co-ordinate grievance, disciplinary and termination processes in order that operational efficiency is maximised without compromising employment legislation or company procedure.
· Coach, counsel and train with CoE approved products according to agreed plans. Where necessary escalate issues to ensure that HR operations are legally compliant.
What are we looking for
As the ideal candidate, you will be CIPD qualified with strong HR skills and the ability to provide advice on all HR issues confidently and competently.
You will have an empathetic and professional approach when dealing with sensitive issues.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and a high level of IT proficiency.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's