Housing Strategy and Development Officer
|Job Title:||Housing Strategy and Development Officer|
|Salary:||£8.83 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Morton|
|Job Published:||December 19, 2018 14:45|
Purpose of job: - The post holder will play a key role in the work of the Housing Strategy Section, by leading on the research and development of new strategies, policies and procedures; be directly responsible for the provision of affordable housing in the district to meet ever increasing housing needs. Identifying and pursuing development opportunities, securing land and funding and engaging partners to deliver on time.
- To effectively manage and review the Council's Joint Commissioning Partnership and Joint Venture Partnership to facilitate the provision of new affordable housing and to ensure that the identification and development of sites provides good value for money and meets the Council's strategic priorities and objectives.
- To proactively identify sites and then to negotiate with planning, Registered Providers and Private Developers in respect of housing developments and other new developments to meet the needs as identified within the Housing Strategy, Local Plan and Strategic Housing Market Assessment.
- To represent the Council in negotiations, discussions, meetings and consultations both internally and with various external agencies, to ensure that the housing needs of the community are monitored and that housing resources are maximised.
- To develop and foster productive working relationships with internal and external partners, particularly, Statutory and Voluntary Agencies, Registered Providers, Property Developers, and the Homes and Community Agency to secure the effective use of sites and the development of sites to meet housing need across all tenures in the District.
- To assist in the development of policies, strategies (including planning policies; housing and homeless strategies and sustainable community strategy) and initiatives which address housing and support needs, maximising housing opportunities across all tenures.
- Ensure that S106s agreements are adhered to, commuted sums paid in accordance with the S106s agreements and 100% nominations secured on all housing sites where affordable housing provision is triggered.
- To ensure that reviews/research is undertaken/commissioned to enable an accurate assessment of the housing needs within the district, which will then be reflected within the Housing Strategy and Local Plan policies. To accurately record all affordable housing stock in the District via a database and ensure that this is regularly updated and complete statistical returns both internal and external e.g. Service Area Plan and ELASH return to central government.
Additional Information :- The postholder will require access to a car.
The postholder will be required to perform such duties as are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and salary band as may be reasonably required by the Housing Strategy Manager.
Job Specific Qualifications & Experience - Professional Qualification of either Chartered Institute of Housing or Royal Chartered Institute of Surveyors
3 years experience in a housing development environment (Local Authority or Register Provider (RPs).
Experience of strategy development and formation of policy and procedures.
Demonstrable experience of working with Registered Providers in a policy and/or performance management role.
Experience of achieving positive outcomes through successful partnership working over a sustained period of time.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Up to date knowledge and understanding of local, regional and national Housing, Planning and Regeneration Policies.
Comprehensive knowledge of the role and regulation of Registered Providers and Developers in the housing sector and within the District.
Demonstrable experience and ability to analyse performance management information and make recommendations for improvements.
Non Job Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Possess strong negotiation and influencing skills
Excellent IT skills.
Ability to undertake benchmarking and research and make recommendations for good practice.
Excellent time management and organisational skills to effectively manage a varied workload.
Organising and servicing meetings including writing reports for Elected Members and the Corporate Management Team.
Ability to work to tight deadlines and effectively without close supervision.
Drive and enthusiasm to do the job well and improve service delivery
If this sounds like something you are available to do, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01926334485 or email@example.com
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!'
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Prison Custody Officer (PCO)
£25,390.64 this then increases to £26,415.92 after 12 months and successful completion of apprenticeship
City Improvement Officer
£19145 - £19171 per annum
Performance Officer NPE
£18 per hour
Digital Communications & Events Officer
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Probation Service Officer/Responsible Officer (Band 3) - Advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum