|Job Title:||Housing Assistant|
|Salary:||Up to £9.91 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Judyta Celewicz|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2019 16:12|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and motivated Experienced Housing Assistant to work within the Public Sector in Exeter!
Start date: Immediate
Hours: full-time and working 37 hours per week.
Salary: £9.91 an hour DOE
The anticipated contract duration will be one year from the starting date.
- Experience of providing support (including administrative and clerical) to a team delivering a comprehensive housing management service with a social landlord
- IT experience both in relevant programmes (e.g. Word, Excel, Access. PowerPoint etc.) and in using appropriate systems to deliver operational outcomes
- Experience in data inputting correctly and in a timely manner
- Some knowledge of housing legislation and landlord and tenant law and experience of explaining basic principles and policies verbally or in writing to tenants (complaints process for example)
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise and be responsible for a heavy personal workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to tenants, across a range of disciplines to include in writing and verbally
- Good understanding and listening skills to be used for example for dealing with tenants with limited understanding of tenancy related issues.
- Have the ability to self-motivate, with good organisational skills and prioritse a heavy workload
Must be prepared to travel to various sites and other venues and potentially attend meetings outside of normal office hours.
Duties will include:
- Tenancy and neighbourhood management.
- Regular inspections of all properties and neighbourhoods.
- Regularly reviewing flexible tenancies.
- Resident involvement.
- Tackling anti-social behaviour (ASB).
- Establish a new relationship with tenants.
Project delivery, budget control and performance management:
- Provide data as requested to be used in performance management, policy and financial planning.
- Act within budgets.
- Proactively identify and report any potential budget and other risks.
- Deliver high levels of customer service.
- Make any recommendations for changes in working practices as necessary.
Internal and external communication:
- Be a point of contact for tenants, leaseholders, landlords and other members of the public.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships.
The post does not require a driving licence.
For further details, including the job description and selection criteria please contact our Tiverton Branch on 01884 242 255 or email your CV on email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's