HGV Class 1 / 2 driver Exeter
|Job Title:||HGV Class 1 / 2 driver Exeter|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Fryatt|
|Job Published:||April 18, 2019 16:21|
Job Purpose: To drive company vehicles including transporters / 18 tonne vehicles with trailers in a safe, fuel efficient manner complying with all company and national legislation governing driving in the UK and abroad if necessary.
* Note: To understand that you are an SHB ambassador both on the road and at our customer sites and therefore represent SHB values and our reputation.
* To conduct a daily walk around check of your vehicle. To evidence the walk around check by the use of the defect book. To bring to the attention of the lead driver or Depot Manager's attention any defects found. To ensure all such defects that make the vehicle non-compliant are rectified before further use.
* That any warning stickers and safety equipment fitted to the vehicle to protect vulnerable road users are in place and recorded in the defect book.
* To ensure your vehicle is clean and tidy at all times.
* That your load is secure and not a hazard to other road users.
* To drive responsibly, plan your routes to lessen the impact on the local community.
* To ensure you have all the necessary paperwork, customer contact details and delivery collection criteria before you leave your Depot.
* That you wear at all times PPE that complies with both SHB and customer protocols when on site. That your clothing is in good condition and that your appearance be smart at all times.
* Bring to the attention of the Depot Manager at the earliest opportunity any driving infractions that would bring us into disrepute with our customers, the local community or legislative bodies.
* Checking and noting down any damage found on vehicles you have been asked to collect from our customers, ensuring you obtain a signature from the customer on the off hire ticket accepting the damage and/or an excessively dirty vehicle.
* Making sure that the off hire ticket is marked appropriately if there is no-one to sign for the vehicle; advising the appropriate person as soon as possible at your Depot when a vehicle has been returned with damage/excessive cleaning required.
* Will be driving transporters/ 18 tonne vehicles with a trailer
Essential Key skills:
* Driving Licence Category appropriate to vehicles driven.
* Driver CPC for all vehicles over 3.5t.
* Understanding of both EU and UK domestic Driving regulations.
* Demonstrable evidence of a driving experience with at least 1 full years in that licence group.
* Excellent customer care skills.
* A good standard of both written and spoken English.
* A tenacious, enthusiastic, and flexible disposition.
* Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work well as part of a team, and also under your own initiative when required.
* Be a well organised individual with excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
Call Nick on 01453 852544 for more details or please apply.
Visit - www.omegaresource.co.uk/SHB
We are always seeking talented candidates including; HGV Technicians, HGV Mechanics, LCV Mechanics, LCV Technicians, Auto Electricians, HGV Drivers, Casual Drivers, Valeters, Panel Beaters, Commercial Body Builders, Vehicle Fabricators, Hire Controllers, Apprentice Technicians, Apprentice Mechanics, Paint Sprayers and many more across the UK network.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's