|Salary||£20,356.17 + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)||Sector||Professional & Admin|
HMP/YOI Bronzefield are currently recruiting a Healthcare Administrator to provide general administration support across a number of areas within the health care department performing a variety of duties to ensure the smooth running of the function and providing a service to the prison.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£20,356.17 + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
- Maintain all appropriate records and documentation.
- Manage the team based self-rostering regarding nurses hours and annual leave
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently and cost effectively when performing work as required and planned.
- Work closely and co-operate with colleagues as information sharing is a necessity to ensure correct and precise data is passed on to relevant departments so that time lines are met
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Abide by the corporate strategic directions, Contract Delivery Indicators, MOJ/NOMS service specifications and all appropriate Regulations and Health and Safety Policies.
- Book external and internal appointments for patients
- Provide reports and a detailed analysis of the key performance targets. (OBM and DNA reports for meds management) this meeting is where all representative of healthcare meet once a month to discuss any medication issues and also receive feedback from the GPS, Pharmacist, Optician, Social care, Dentist and also the Podiatrist regarding anything clinical.
- Be a front line representative when the department has a visitor, i.e. Commissioners, corporate healthcare professionals
- Manage the referral process of patients out to hospital and liaise with NHS professionals when required, such as rebooking of appointments and dealing with appointment letters
- Minute taking for the clinical governance meeting and also meds management meeting when other colleague is on annual leave.
- Provide accurate Management information within specified deadlines in order to meet KPTs
- Ensure waiting times are kept to their national standards, each clinic will be different.
- Manage the complaints system ensuring all complaints are responded to within their deadline in line with the NHS Confidential Complaints Policy
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications especially excel
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A Healthcare background
- Knowledge of rota management and detailing
- System one experience and user trained
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.