|Location||Holborn, London||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£65000 - £80000||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Sodexo Justice Services are looking for a Head of Finance to deliver financial and commercial insight to support and influence decision making within custody, which is regarded as excellent by customers and finance colleagues, and both proactive and responsive to business requirements. This is facilitated by better management information, and the establishment of robust and consistent processes. You will manage a team of 5 business managers at the prison sites and as a senior and experienced member of the team, provide leadership and coaching to other members of the team whilst contribute to and influence the broader business and finance priorities across the custody division and working on bids along with business development team and support on financial management. Additionally you will support ad hoc projects and as required.Package description
£65,000 – £80,000
25 days holiday, flexible benefit fund (healthcare etc), bonus, car allowance, pension scheme, bonus and access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts
- Create analyses based on business drivers to support decision making for established estate, mobilisations, and bids. Embed these so that they are part of our core finance processes.
- Lead commercial side of medium term planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, including setting assumptions, scenario modelling, supporting business decisions, (financial controller responsible for financials, and accounting integrity). Implement clear processes, so that all stakeholders understand their contribution and how / when it fits to the broader goals.
- Lead and shape activity to deliver a more consistent and robust approach to financial management and financial support to decisions across the prisons, taking examples of good practice from each prison and rolling out across the estate, with clear and established consistent processes. This will include proactive management of the balance sheet accounts relevant to each prison.
- Design and implement processes to provide additional levels of assurance and visibility so that senior management and the exec are clear regarding pending contract changes and financial implications.
- Develop business cases, review papers, presentations, and other papers, (lead / support as appropriate), e.g. financial presentations to OBM (monthly meeting of prison directors), post investment reviews, as required to support SJS Finance Director and SJS Executive.
- Lead, coach and manage finance teams reporting to you. Provide development for team members and act as a role model in leadership and influencing skills.
- Ensure that a link between Business Development, Operational and Finance teams is maintained.
- Supporting the SJS FD in strategy setting, decision making, and all matters related to the commercial side of our business development approach.
- ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW Qualified
- Strong data analytics and modelling skills, coupled with attention to detail
- Good consultation, presentation and documentation skills
- A good understanding of Contract Law and Commercial Trading terms
- Strong Financial Management experience in a commercial environment
- Highly organised, flexible and responsive, with ability to deliver under pressure with excellence
Sodexo UK & Ireland employs around 36,000 people and delivers On-site Service Solutions to clients at over 2,300 locations including offices, hospitals, schools, defence sites, prisons, sporting events and visitor attractions. Sodexo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
Improving the Quality of Life of our staff, our prisoners and our local communities is a key driver for the company generally and for Sodexo Justice in particular.
Sodexo Justice (Custody) includes the HM Prisons Addiewell, Northumberland, Forest Bank, Peterborough and Bronzefield. Melaleuca Prison in Western Australia is the newest member of the group. Six Community Rehabilitation Companies provide the Community element of Sodexo Justice.