Head of Academy
|Job Title:||Head of Academy|
|Salary:||£43000 - £47000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-03-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Oliver|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 14:35|
An established professional association /charity based in the Centre of Bristol, not far from Temple Meads are looking for a Head of Academy to work on a maternity cover Fixed term contract until approx. May/June 2020.
Our client offer brilliant benefits including; 27 days holiday + bank holidays. Parking will also be provided on a rota basis. They are based near Cabot Circus so very central location. Option to buy holiday options and an excellent pension scheme which is 10 % employer - 6 % employee.
You will be working Monday - Friday 9am - 5.00pm and receive a salary of £43,000 - £47,000 per annum (depending on experience).
This is an office based post in Bristol.
Working closely with the Director of Education, you will take a leading role in developing and delivering an effective strategy for the development of the Academy and will drive its educational and commercial success as a first class training provider. You will lead the Academy team (of approx. two staff) and work closely with colleagues in the wider education team to ensure the successful delivery of the current education programmes as well as identifying new business opportunities.
You will need to ensure a high quality learning experience for all Academy learners and high levels of engagement with the wider academic, professional and regulatory communities.
Key duties will include:
- Provide strategic leadership to the Academy to ensure that it establishes, maintains and develops its position as the leading training provider in the field of healthcare business and finance
- In conjunction with the Director of Education, develop a short, medium and long term strategy for the Academy in line with overall business strategy
- Identify and secure partnerships with a range of Awarding Organisations, educational and apprenticeship providers to deliver educational and training programmes across healthcare and other relevant sectors
- Ensure that the Academy becomes a recognised training provider for the delivery of government led apprenticeships and that it maintains the ability to deliver apprenticeship training
- Lead and advise the Academy team in developing and implementing Academy policies and procedures
- Provide leadership and line management to the Academy team
Programme Leadership and Learner Experience
- Lead the Academy team to ensure the high quality design and delivery all qualification programmes and ensure that they meet the standards set by the relevant Awarding Organisations and regulators
- Lead the Academy team to ensure that all learners receive an excellent academic experience throughout their studies with the Academy
- Engage with learners and ensure that the Academy team continually seek and respond to learner feedback
- Engage with the academic and technical teams e.g. module leaders, tutors, academic advisers, content writers, reviewers and other key stakeholders to ensure that the learner experience is continually enhanced and improved
- In conjunction with the other teams, ensure that the OLE platform and online educational content is regularly reviewed and developed to ensure it is relevant, up to date and high quality
- Support and advise on the recruitment, selection and training of Academy staff and the academic team
Commercial and Business Leadership
- Lead the development and delivery of a portfolio of services to drive the commercial success of the Academy
- Agree the annual business and financial targets for the Academy and ensure they are met
- Ensure that the Academy performs successfully within the agreed annual budget
- Identify and explore opportunities for the Academy to develop and expand whilst also being aware of potential risks to quality and reputation
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure that the Academy is successfully and widely promoted and marketed
- Liaise with the healthcare business develop team to ensure learners are recruited in line with Academy targets.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Experience of management at a senior level in a business and academic/vocational environment
- Experience and good understanding of online programme development and delivery
- A demonstrable understanding of the academic/vocational regulatory environment
- Experience of leading and managing complex projects
- Experience of management of a portfolio of products or services
- Experience and knowledge of healthcare finance and the healthcare environment
- Understanding of apprenticeship schemes and the government apprenticeship framework
- Experience of designing and implementing strategies
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a budget
- Experience of leading a team
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects, ability to make reasoned evidence-based decisions
- Effective and engaging communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to deal with a range of stakeholder viewpoints
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings and drive actions and outcomes
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Experience of managing and leading others
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of the vocational/ higher education sector
- Ability to successfully agree and manage a budget
- Strong ability to operate commercially
- Business development skills
- High level presentation skills
If you are interested in this role please click apply now! Or please contact Lucy Oliver at Pertemps Bristol office.
We will endeavour to be in touch as soon as possible. If you're not successful on this occasion we will keep your CV on file and be in touch when other suitable positions become available.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's