|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Salary:||Up to £34,000|
|Start Date:||2019-08-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2019 10:30|
We are looking for a Head Chef to lead the Sodexo team based at British Airways i360. The role requires the delivery of service at a large beachfront restaurant and bar and also includes events, catering for between 50 – 350 approximate guests. This role has full responsibility for the kitchen, including food preparation, cooking, plating, food ordering and storage. Managing the kitchen brigade, this is a highly responsible and autonomous role.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £34,000 + bonus
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more.Main responsibilities
• Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels. Control all costs such as food, labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
• Lead the team to ensure the prompt and efficient preparation, production and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer to our Customers and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
• To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements including allergen information production.
• Control staff rota and division of staff based on the days menu production to ensure efficient utilisation of staff
• Ensure all staff are trained in the use of equipment as required.
• Manage the ordering process for the site.Ideal candidate
- Previous relevant experience
- IOSH Managing Safely qualification or equivalent
- CIEH Level 3
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's