|Job Title:||Head Chef|
|Salary:||£30,000 - £33,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Bromley|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2019 16:48|
We are currently recruiting a Head Chef to lead the catering and hospitality operation for a high profile University.
This is primarily a Monday to Friday role, with occasional weekend work required.
We require a ‘hands on’ team player to give focus to the daily service delivery and production of high quality exciting food, from daily student feeding to the set-up of functions and events.
This position will suit an ambitious manager with a passion for innovation, who is skilled in fresh food delivery and customer experience. We are looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail and passion for food.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store plus bonus incentive.Main responsibilities
• Lead the delivery and production of quality food for a busy university student feeding operation across all food outlets
• Manage, develop and inspire the management of the existing team to ensure a high quality service is delivered, providing coaching and training when required.
• Develop the hospitality offering and the engineering of menus and food innovation for the site
• Order and control stock levels and administration
• Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
• Ensure financial documentation, costings and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
• Previous experience in a similar Head Chef role
• Flexible skills to produce volume catering and formal dining
• Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
• Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Good financial awareness
• Personal innovation and passion for quality food
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head Chef - Taunton
£27500.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Bonus + Company benefits
Head Chef - Maidstone
Up to £26500 per annum
Head Chef - Windsor
Up to £33000.00 per annum
Chef Manager / Head Chef - College
£27000.00 - £29000.00 per annum + Negotiable
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
£20000 - £28000 per annum