H&S and Training Adviser
|Job Title:||H&S and Training Adviser|
|Salary:||£18.22 - £20.21 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-02-11 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Irvine|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 12:56|
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are delighted to be working with one of our major public sector clients, the City of Edinburgh Council to recruit for a Health, Safety and Training Adviser on a temporary ongoing basis starting immediately.
Location - Edinburgh City Centre
Contract - Temporary role on an ongoing basis
Hours of work - 36 hours a week, Monday - Friday
Rate of pay - £18.22 - £20.21 per hour (depending on experience)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety and Training Adviser to work for a highly sought after public sector organisation. You should have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Health and Safety role and be the holder of a NEBOSH Diploma.
Within this role you will have lead responsibility for the day to day management and delivery of high quality health and safety advice and guidance without the Housing and Property team. This will include the management of asbestos and acting as the Asbestos Officer within the service to ensure compliance with Corporate Asbestos Policy requirements.
You will be carrying out the following duties:
- Responsible for coordinating and in some cases, delivering the H&S training requirements to support the operational delivery of the Capital, planned and responsive building maintenance and repairs service across the wide range of Council homes.
- Lead in all aspects of asbestos, health and safety, learning and development advice and services and play a role in the improvement and delivery of these services and contribute to delivering best value in relation to the planned maintenance and repairs service.
- Contribute to ensuring that strategies are implemented to deliver high quality customer focussed services and ensure performance targets are achieved and an effective and efficient service is delivered to meet the service objectives.
- Management and organisation of workloads to deliver high quality services which meet business needs.
- Support managers to develop and deliver a performance management framework for the service, including the setting of targets, monitoring performance and agreeing and implementing appropriate actions.
- Promote and maintain good working relationships with customers and other staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent service at a local level. Champion the Division's image, purpose and performance internally and externally.
- Implement governance and assurance of the management of Hand and Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) on behalf of Housing Property, suggesting and implementing change where and when required, linking in with other areas of the Council ensuring a corporate approach.
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement and demonstrate effective management of change within a complex internal and external environment.
- Contribute to the development, review and implementation of health, safety and operational policies, procedures and working practices within Housing Property, across service functions and with partner agencies to determine and ensure agreed outcomes.
- Promotion of a strategic approach to both asbestos and health and safety management within Corporate policy requirements.
- Lead on training on current and new legislation and Codes of Practice to ensure the Council adheres to all H&S policies.
- Promote and advise all contractors on the Council's policies and best practice guidelines with regard to health and safety and asbestos.
- To work with the Council Procurement Team to assess asbestos contractors' suitability for inclusion in major tenders.
- To investigate all incidents involving asbestos and advise on remedial actions which may include updating the Council policies and procedures.
- Contribute to service planning process and prepare and monitor own service plan/initiatives.
- Provide cover for other times to ensure service levels are maintained and take on other reasonable duties as required.
You should have the following skills and experience:
- Be the holder of a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent recognised professional qualification
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a relevant Health and Safety role
- Have experience of project and change management
- Have experience of contractor H&S management
- Have a track record of accident investigations (including root cause analysis)
- Have a proven track record of successfully managing the health, safety and associated training functions or a large organisation
- Be fully competent and experienced in the management of asbestos in line with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Have excellent communication and negotiation skills
If you are interested in this position, please apply online immediately or send your CV to Julie.Pollock@pertemps.co.uk
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Sales Adviser X 5
£17500 - £20000 per annum
Customer Service Adviser X 5
£18000 - £21000 per annum
Health and Safety Advisor
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Health and Safety Manager
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Curricula and Quality Assurance Manager
£41000 - £45000 per annum