Group IT Support and Infrastructure Manager
|Job Title:||Group IT Support and Infrastructure Manager|
|Start Date:||2019-08-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 16:03|
Based at our Head Office in Staffordshire, your role will be leading a team to ensure continued availability of high-quality IT systems at our offices and project sites globally, with focus on the UK based data centre. You will also be responsible for providing a high level of support for computer users globally.
You will provide competent, timely IT support and assistance for a number of off the shelf vendor applications and hardware as well as internal systems. You will be able to educate users on how they can make the most of the assets provided to them.
You will work with the Group IT Manager to deliver the group’s IT strategy, in support of the business’s continued growth.
This is an exciting and challenging role in a dynamic business which has seen large scale IT projects implemented over the last few years and continues to experience growth globally – the opportunities for personal development are extremely diverse as a result.Package description
- Responsible for the performance and availability of IT systems and Infrastructure for 1200 users including proactive monitoring and maintenance.
- Responsible for management and development of the IT Service Desk function.
- Maintain accurate hardware (not restricted to but including computers, servers, mobile phones) and software inventories.
- Assist with the development and implementation of key IT systems.
- Manage projects as determined by the Group IT Manager.
- Contribution to company strategy and plans.
- Team Leadership, mentoring and workload management for the Support and Infrastructure team.
- Raising requisitions for hardware and software purchases and receipting deliveries.
- Ad hoc Out of Hours support and maintenance.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in IT related discipline or role related professional qualifications/ experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory
- Hyper-V Virtualisation
- Microsoft Windows 10, Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- SQL Server 2012 Administration
- Office 365 Administration (Exchange, Skype, Teams, One Drive)
- Wide Area Networks
- Cisco Firewalls/VPN
- Networking components (firewalls, switches, routers, wireless)
- Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration/Licence Mgmt/App deployment
- iOS, Android and Windows smartphone technologies
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Unified Communications inc. conferencing solutions
- IFS Administration
- Oracle Database Administration
- Nasuni Fileshare
- Microsoft Dynamics Nav 5.0
- Cloud/Hosting Technologies
- Mobile phone technologies
- ITIL Intermediate certification
- Remote support tools – specifically Logmein
- At least 5 years’ IT Support/Infrastructure experience with 2 years’ experience managing IT Service Desk and support teams diversely located and outsourced partners
- Project Management
- Managing supplier relationships
- Implementation of large-scale IT infrastructure projects
- Change management concepts
- Telephony system replacement
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Document development / maintenance
- Ability to communicate complex technological solutions to end users
- Supplier negotiation
- Fluent English – spoken and written
- Additional languages
- Effective communicator at all levels – written and spoken
- Innovative problem solver
- Able to manage own workload and priorities
- Self-directed learner
- Initiative and enterprise
- In touch with latest technological developments relevant to the business
- Full, current driving license
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Required to work for 2 or 3 days in other UK locations each month
- Willing to travel abroad for short periods
- Valid passport
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's