|Salary||£38,000 - £39,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
We are currently recruiting a General Manager at RAF Halton in Aylesbury. This is primarily a Monday to Friday role, with occasional weekend / evening work required to meet business needs. RAF Halton is a big site; therefore it is vital that you have a valid UK driving licence as the site is vastly spread out. You will be required to drive around the site in order to manage the service delivery.
As General Manager at our Defence site, you'll have overall accountability and responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all Sodexo service activity including catering, hospitality, cleaning and retail.
As a passionate customer focused professional you'll ensure our client's expectations are fully met, build effective working relationships and as a leader, you'll ensure your team are motivated, engaged and getting the most from their roles.
This is a great opportunity to support our Armed Forces and improve the quality of their daily life, as the site is not only their workplace but also a home to many of them.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store. Plus bonus.Main responsibilities
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the day to day management, co-ordination and control of all Defence activity, as set out in the contract
- Plan, organise and manage delivery of all services within all the operational business area
- Ensure standards of service detailed in the service level agreement, KPIs and within the schedules of the contractual terms and conditions are achieved, maintained and developed for assigned operational business area
- Contribute to the growth of all services in order to meet client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control within operational business area in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- Manage all aspects of performance of an assigned group of direct reports
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation
- Control and monitor the financial performance and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets
- Leadership skills and knowledge
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
- Able to analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions
- Proven track record of managing long-term client relationship
- Previous experience in effectively managing in a similar contract management role
- Health and Safety qualification equivalent to IOSH managing safely
- Food safety qualification equivalent to CIEH level 3
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.