Front of House Manager
|Job Title:||Front of House Manager|
|Salary:||£23000 - £24000|
|Start Date:||2019-04-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||April 16, 2019 14:21|
Responsible for the smooth running of the Front of House Mess to the benefit of all residents and Members as directed in the SOR. To effectively motivate and supervise staff. Deal with personnel issues and assist in the training program as directed by the Mess Manager. To ensure that the Mess runs strictly within the Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations. To be responsible for all cash and stock ensuring that all procedures are managed and adhered to in line with Company Policies and procedures.
Competitive salary of £23,000 - £24,000 plus benefits including 20 days + Statutory days holiday, pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare etc
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
Accountabilities or “What you have to do”
- To control rostering and work details within the resources of the Mess to ensure that all tasks are completed to the satisfaction of the client.
- To be responsible for people management of staff according to Company procedures
- To lead and develop staff and complete training as required and directed
- To carry out regular Team Briefs and PDR’s (People Development Reviews) for all staff
- To ensure that conduct within the Mess is professional at all times.
- To maintain the staff training programme as directed, checking for competency after training is complete i.e. in process checks.
- To monitor work and hygiene standards to include recorded management checks.
- To ensure that dress standards are met including rules of jewellery and hygiene etc. and staff to be in uniform and well presented at all times.
- To ensure that Assured Safe Catering is been practised in the kitchen by all staff.
- To oversee the day to day running of the messing account.
- To control bar procedures including ordering and maintenance of cellar work. To ensure that stock levels are maintained. To ensure that security procedures for stock, cash and keys are adhered to. To ensure auditing procedures are in place and that spot checks are carried out on stock and cash holdings. To carry out a weekly stock check. To ensure that all documentation is completed accurately.
- Bank all monies collected to the main office weekly.
- To liaise with the authority for building inspections, report defects / faults as laid by the authority and ensure that the Site Manager is made aware of any defects that may affect Health and Safety or service delivery.
- To be responsible for the allocation of accommodation to include an arrivals brief to all new residents.
- To plan, cost and execute functions.
- To liaise with the client attending meetings as required.
- To ensure that all staff adhere to COSHH regulations.
- To maintain all company documentation accurately. To include training record cards.
- To meet all deadlines set by the Garrison Services Manager and Site Services Manager.
- To adhere to the company Food and Safety Manual.
- To ensure that you and all staff adhere to the company quality system to include supervisory checks, planning and completion of work schedules etc.
- To ensure that all aspects of the Health and Safety Act, Food Safety Act and COSHH regulations are adhered to, trained out to staff and monitored, any member of staff not adhering to the regulations shall be corrected and monitored immediately.
- To develop your own skills and knowledge within the scope of your position.
- To maintain administration for personnel i.e. payroll and absence monitoring.
- To maintain EprophIT daily and to meet all transit deadlines
- Duty Management and On Call cover for sickness and holidays as directed to ensure the smooth running of the Mess
- Additional responsibilities and ad-hoc duties as requested
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or “What it will look like when you are doing the job well”
- Contract Efficiency
- Client Satisfaction
- Personnel Management
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Analytical approach
- People Management skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Outstanding Organisational Skills
- Health and Safety knowledge and COSHH knowledge
- Relationship Management
- Flexible and Reliable
- Customer Focused
- Decision Making
- Impact and Influence
- Planning and Organising
- Results Orientated
- Experience of managing budgets
- Billing experience
- Bar / Cellar stock control and Accounts
Contextual or other information
To motivate staff, adhere to company procedures including the quality system. Function planning, costing and execution. Organisation and supervision of Mess services. Customer satisfaction
About the company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Front of House Waiter/Waitress
City of London, London
£8.21 - £10.55 per annum + holiday pay
Front of House Supervisor - Weekends
£12.00 per hour
Reception Manager - Hotel - Outskirts of Winchester - £24,000
Up to £24000.00 per annum
Global Head of Insights
Guest Relation Manager - Luxury 5* Hotel - Oxfordshire
£25000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + Amazing Company Benefits