Food Service Assistant/Cleaner
|Job Title:||Food Service Assistant/Cleaner|
|Salary:||£7.70 - £8.21|
|Start Date:||2019-07-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Davies|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2019 09:46|
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant/Cleaner to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- 20 days paid annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company sick pay after 6 months of service.
- Company pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers are available.
- Employment discount program
- We offer comprehensive benefits that let full- and part-time employees choose the plans that are right for them
- We guarantee all employees will receive respect and fair treatment
- Ensuring a safe and secure workplace
- Providing training on-the-job, online and in classroom settings that help you excel in your current job and advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Opening the doors to higher education
- An employee incentive scheme
- Assist as directed with all aspects of the preparation, presentation, service and cleanliness of the unit to the Company's standards
- Take orders for, set up and deliver food and beverages for all customer requests
- Comply with all Company and statutory regulations relating to health and safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include awareness of any specific hazards in the work place
- Work to high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance, cleanliness at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers
- Ensure food and drinks are prepared, presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Assist at service times by serving customers at the counter and operating the till if required, checking floats and cashing up at the end of service
- Carry out all hygiene tasks required by the hygiene rota in each respective area that has been assigned.
- Prepare and be responsible for any cleaning equipment used to carry out hygiene duties
- Maintain, replenish and be accountable for stocks of cleaning materials
- Be fully conversant with the operation and care of any mechanical cleaning equipment used in conjunction with your hygiene duties
- Be fully conversant with the safe preparation, handling, and disposal of cleaning chemicals and disinfectants used in conjunction with your hygiene duties
- Be fully conversant with the requirements of both the MCA and FDA with respect to Good Manufacturing Practice and hygiene standards
- Assist in any Ad HOC requests
- Have all round cleaning experience
- Be able to work on own initiative and manage own time
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management team
- Have good knowledge of H&S and COSHH
- Excellent customer service skills and safety practices
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's