|Salary||£8.44 - £8.61||Sector||Facilities|
We currently have an opportunity for a Food Service Assistant to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- To assist in the presentation of food services, maintaining a high standard of service and hygiene. To clear and clean working areas, including equipment and utensils.
- To be a front line ambassador of Sodexo, and to project a welcoming, efficient and professional attitude to our customers at all times.
- To comply with all the legal and hygiene requirements.
- To assist as directed, with all aspects of preparation and presentation of food to the company’s standards, utilising recipes from the central system and to have full knowledge of all allergen information prior to service.
- To assist at service time by serving the customers, as directed, to the company standard, including correct portion control and promote a friendly atmosphere.
- To operate the cash register (if required) and make necessary sales records.
- To undertake all aspects in the cleaning of equipment – walls, floors, fixtures and fittings, to the companies’ standard according to the cleaning rota as required and directed.
- To ensure work areas and equipment are left clean.
- To assist in loading service counters & vending/ Coffee machines, as and when directed or needed, and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period, paying particular attention to the minimum style guide standards
- To accept deliveries, recording necessary temperatures and putting away as set out by safegard and your line manager.
- To report any customer complaints and take action,
- To attend any reasonable requests made by the Line Manager
- To assist as directed with all aspects of preparation and presentation to the Company's standards
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- To assist at service times by serving the customer at the counter as directed, to the Company's standard
- To complete all necessary sales controls and documentation for each service
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake all aspects in cleaning equipment to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To ensure tables and accompaniments are kept as clean as is reasonably practicable and adequately stocked during service times and relay as required
- To load service counters as and when directed and to ensure sufficient supplies throughout the service period
- Fill and clean vending machines, record on Service cards
- Check deliveries and temperatures on delivery, also record food temperatures during service temperatures
- Operate till during service periods
- To fulfil any reasonable management request
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
Additional Ad-hoc Duties:
- To assist at any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary
- To provide cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness
- Good communications skills
- Previous food handling experience
- Ability to adhere to all health & safety practices
- Strong customer service skills
- High level performer
- High levels of personal hygiene and appearance
- Food hygiene certificate
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 43,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.