|Salary||£9.39 per hour||Sector||Professional & Admin|
Pertemps are currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established business based in central Birmingham who are looking for an experienced temporary Finance Officer
Working hours: Monday-Friday
Start date: ASAP
Location: Birmingham City Centre
- To assist in the accurate and timely processing and payment of supplier invoices, allowances and payment requisitions in line with related internal controls ensuring full adherence to financial regulations and internal controls.
- To ensure the prompt and accurate settlement of supplier invoices via the purchase order system
- To ensure the prompt and accurate processing of payment requisitions to suppliers & customers
- To accurately maintain the supplier database
- To be pro-active by resolving queries highlighted by monthly supplier account reconciliations
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers
- To resolve supplier queries promptly and to mutual satisfaction
- To ensure that current and archived records of processed documents are securely maintained
- To ensure knowledge across all of the Expenditure team to provide support and cover during team member absences
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in Mathematics and English Language
- Experience in Accounts Payable and General Ledger accounting function. In order to perform the job effectively, and with minimum supervision, the jobholder will require the skills, professional knowledge and experience gained from working within an accounts payable environment.
- Jobholders will be confident and accurate in the use of computerised finance systems for the input of numerical and alphabetical data, and the output of standard reports.
- Experience in Supplier Account Reconciliations
- Basic understanding of VAT and taxation rules relating to purchases and payments
- High level of customer awareness
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to achieve deadlines when working under pressure
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative - capable of making considered decisions confidently and correctly and taking related actions
- Excellent communication skills, confident & professional in both verbal and written, together with a high level of interpersonal skills
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills including spreadsheets and word processing packages
- Previous experience of working in a shared service environment
- Experience of Dynamics AX
- Ensuring deadlines are met with minimum supervision.