|Salary||£34749 - £42751 per annum||Sector||Education & Training|
They are looking for an exceptional Finance Manager whose purpose will be to provide an effective operational financial management service; to act as an advisor on financial issues and to be proactive in managing finances to achieve the organisations corporate goals. You will also be responsible for the management and provision of an effective, efficient and customer focused finance provision.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare, with the assistance of the Management Accountant, and review the monthly management accounts ready for final review by the Finance and Corporate Services Director in line with the monthly accounting timetable
• Ensure the operational reporting and ownership of budgets by managers through the provision of the appropriate reports and tools which will enable budget managers to plan and review the financial performance of their departments
• Investigate variances identified in the management accounts and recommend appropriate action
• Review all income and ensure that it is correctly analysed between the appropriate ledger codes and that it relates to the correct period
• Review month end reconciliations and control accounts prepared by the Management Accountant, Sales and Purchase Ledger Officers
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of creditor payments and debt recording & collection
• Implement a best practice approach for financial accounting controls
• Lead on the preparation and production of the year end accounts
• Lead in the preparation of the annual budget, liaise with budget managers and upload to the ledger
• Drive the development of all financial systems for the organisation as well as meeting and exceeding internal customer requirements by being a champion of these systems including the development of costing models
• Design, in conjunction with the Finance and Corporate Services Director and implement the necessary controls to protect the organisations assets and prevent any potential areas of fraud
• Ensure, from the framework outlined by the Finance and Corporate Services Director, that appropriate financial policies are implemented, documented and become part of the core working of the Finance team
• To be responsible for and lead the overall day to day operation of the finance team, to include: training and development, succession planning and performance reviews
• Liaise with and provide timely responses to leadership, senior managers, heads of department and all staff (as appropriate) in order to fulfil the duties of the role
• Provide regular reports on the finance team's performance for use at board, senior manager and manager level as appropriate
You will be:
• CCAB qualified
• Experience of managing a team within a finance office
• Strong work ethic, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and take responsibility for your own work
• Strong problem-solving skills and good judgement
• Good communication skills both oral and written, and interpersonal skills
• Excel skills (Pivot tables, nested formulas, etc.) that make others envious
• Solid Analytical skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.