|Job Title:||Finance Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2019 14:49|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Finance Manager who will be responsible for all aspects of commercial decision making, financial performance, financial control, and contractual negotiations and discussions on site at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton.
You will be responsible for continuously driving improvements in financial performance, delivery of the financial targets (budget/forecast), initiating local revenue and profitable growth projects and supporting segment initiatives.
If you have proven commercial ability, strong attention to detail and sound knowledge of working with contracts, this is a great opportunity for you.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexible to meet business requirements when necessaryMain responsibilities
- Manage the ongoing complexities of the contract and client expectations
- Involvement in discussions/negotiations with the client, influencing decision makers to achieve the best possible outcome for Sodexo
- Providing financial advice to operational management, driving financial performance through sound decision making and analysis
- Produce management reporting and assist the Site Director in developing performance measurement tools
- Undertake financial reviews and investigations as required
- Supervise and manage a team of 2, giving clear direction and effective communication to ensure a high level of engagement. Manage performance through the EPA process and succession planning with the team
- Agreement of budgets and forecast throughout the financial year
- Ensure the delivery of monthly management accounts, reporting and weekly KPIs
- Financial support for central projects and initiatives including the production and circulation of accurate MI
- Ensure the company’s reporting timetable is met and all appropriate policies for control of equipment, stock and cash are complied with, carrying out regular audit check within the departments
- Implementation of key management and financial control systems
- Actively manage trade debtors, ensuring all debt is paid within the contractual terms
- Manage the Hard FM process ensuring the monthly position is an accurate reflection of the current activity and variations
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience of dealing with complex contracts
- Proven experience of management accounts
- Demonstrable experience in continuous improvement and financial performance
- Systems experience (SAP, Excel, Word)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Flexible approach to accommodate changing work priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to scope and deliver projects
- Ability to build a strong and motivated finance team
- An attention to detail and sound knowledge of working with contracts
- Healthcare industry experience
- PFI contract experience
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's