Field Service Engineer
|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Steve Newey|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2019 12:09|
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Field Service Engineer to join an established Multinational Engineering Company who are based close Birmingham City Centre. The successful candidate will be based in Birmingham, but around 75% of their time will be spent at third party premises as this is a national role.
Working as part of the Quality Assurance Department, the candidate will be responsible for on and off-site release of parts and they will conduct material verification activities and inspection work. Previous Engineering and Quality experience is essential for this role.
The key duties of this role are as follows:-
• Visit supplier premises to accept equipment and verify documentation;
• Witness Factory Acceptance Tests in line with Inspection & Test Plans;
• Record product & certification/documentation non-conformances;
• Inspect products to confirm conformance to drawings;
• Regular travel to Suppliers Premises;
• Review supplier manufacturing & inspection plans;
• Produce internal quality plans;
• Review products to ensure compliance to PO's & drawing spec's;
• Determine root cause of manufacturing problems;
• Produce analysis of Quality Certification docs;
• Perform supplier audits.
Qualifications and experience required:-
• Degree/HNC in Engineering / apprenticeship or qualified by experience;
• Current valid driver's licence (no requirement to have own vehicle);
• Materials inspection, Quality assurance audit, factory acceptance test and quality management review experience required;
• Audit qualification;
• Report writing experience and IT literate;
• Knowledge of Defence standards is desirable as is Aerospace or Marine experience;
• Good communication skills;
• Experience of working with and implementing Lean Manufacturing.
Based on straight days, working a 37.5 hour week (Mon-Fri), there may be the requirement for occasional overnight stops. The remuneration package will include a salary from £35-40k (depending upon experience) together with a company pension scheme and other benefits.
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Field service engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Field Service Engineer - Norfolk
£25000 - £26000 per annum
Field Service Engineer South London
£28000 - £28500 per annum
£28000 - £35000 per annum
£28000 - £37000 per annum