Executive Head Chef
|Job Title:||Executive Head Chef|
|Start Date:||2019-07-16 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Bromley|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 15:48|
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an Executive Head Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- To ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation and administration procedures are carried out to the laid down standard and that the necessary weekly returns are completed accurately and sent to the appointed office on time. This may be electronically, paper-based, or both, as instructed.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
- Plan, cost and document menus and ensure these are consolidated across the business.
- Ensure stock levels are kept to the agreed establishment targets and supplies are ordered from nominated suppliers
- Maximise profitable sales by the introduction and maintenance of food service brands to the standard required by the Company
- Monitor and maintain consistent methods of food preparation, production, presentation and service for all meals and ensure they comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures and meet the agreed specification of the contract(s).
- Conduct regular reviews of current operating costs, margins, controls and menu costings to ensure Sodexo is achieving optimum profit. Ensure that all goods are correctly and quickly stored away on a ‘first in first out’ basis and comply with Health and Safety regulations
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and procedures, site rules and statutory regulations including Health & Safety, food hygiene, safe working practices, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report any faults to management/client, ensure they are rectified and ensure equipment is not used until safe
- To ensure the prompt and efficient preparation and service of all meals and breaks at the required time, being provided to the standard of the food service offer laid down in the Service Level Agreement and to the Client's, Customer's and Sodexo’s satisfaction.
- To understand and maintain the standards and integrity of the service offer and Service Level Agreement at all times. To carry out a daily service audit and perform activities detailed in the service offer manual under Key Performance Indicators to the frequency and level required
- To establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Ensure that temperatures of fridges, freezers and hot cupboards/serveries are monitored and recorded in line with Company regulations and the Food Safety Act
- To implement and maintain all Statutory and Company policies and procedures, communicating it to all staff and ensuring full compliance.
- To ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers’ special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
- Motivate and lead employees to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures
- Develop long-term client relationships in line with the ‘clients for life philosophy’ to enhance the retention of current clients and customers, gain referrals for new business and attract new customers.
- Previous experience of being a Head Chef
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- literate and numerate
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Innovation and creativeness
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's