|Salary||£38000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Who's right for the job?
You'll be passionate and motivated to deliver; you'll be able to demonstrate value for money whilst satisfying or even exceeding margins
You'll relish accountability and ownership for the commercial aspects of a contract and project whilst also being able to work collaboratively as part of a local operational team and with a direct labour force.
You'll be a competent and commercial Quantity Surveyor or Estimator who values integrity and accuracy in all you do.
As a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator you'll be responsible for:
• The financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meeting of profit margins
• Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensuring all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
• Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
• Developing and maintain relationships with the workforce, client, subcontractors and suppliers – We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
What will you bring?
• Proven experience in a similar estimating and/or surveying role
• Refurbishment experience; all sectors considered
• Experience of managing refurbishment works/projects of varying values of up to £1.5 million
• Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts preferred and the ability to price minor works from first principles essential
• The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
• The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
Perks for the successful Quantity Survey/Estimator.
• Take home up to 25% Performance Reward Bonus just in time for the new year (company average over last 3 years- 18%)
• The company are committed to annual pay reviews
• A company car scheme where you make savings with our outstanding private mileage scheme
• Pension contribution of up to 7%
• 23 days annual leave but you may want longer or less so use our buy and sell option
• Additional benefits including private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and life insurance.
• Training and development opportunities
If you would like to find out more about this Quantity Surveyor / Estimator position, please contact Ryan Evans on 0121 450 5000 email@example.com