Reporting to the Site Business Director, you will be leading a team of 12 and be responsible for the front line management of the day-to-day delivery of Hard FM services to a PFI Contract, Queen Mary’s Hospital, Roehampton.
As Estates Manager, you will encompass all aspects of Hard FM included within the agreed services levels, including the management of in-house and outsourced resources to deliver hard services. This includes the effective management and delivery of planned preventative maintenance programs, responding to the ‘reactive’ needs of the client, to ensure continuous improvement and financial performance within agreed budgets.
In the role, you will have sole financial responsibility for performance of the hard FM service contract and take an active role in ensuring PMS deductions and unavailability penalties are kept to a minimum. You will also be responsible for maintaining statutory and contract compliance and promoting a robust Health and Safety culture.
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme plus bonus, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
- Delivery of hard and soft services including ‘front line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E requirements and site / desk checking of Service Partner works
- Ensure the contract is delivered to agreed budgetary parameters and manage monthly financial commitment, maximise revenues and optimise overall expenditure across the contract
- Maintain FM management systems for site based operations to ensure that jobs are appropriately logged and reported
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the Operating Contract, Statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all FM services
- Ensure that works are delivered in a timely manner
- Work with Commercial and Procurement Teams to ensure that all works are undertaken by the most cost effective manner
- Encourage, motivate and develop site based teams, monitor progress and undertake performance reviews
- Ensure the cultivation of innovation and best practice and share across the wider business unit
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of management of FM Contracts and influencing change where required
- Ability to manage a range of operations against an agreed specification demonstrating strong P&L management expertise and commercial awareness
- Proven ability to plan and achieve results in difficult situations and in limited timeframe
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, senior managers and directors
- Experience in coaching and motivating a team
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 or similar quality system
- Flexible, with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continuous improvements to service delivery
- Ideally professional Member of BIFM and qualified to ONC/HNC standard in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Building Services or Building
- Available to respond to out of normal hours emergency situations