|Location||Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire||Job Type||Contract|
|Salary||£37,500 per annum + car allowance||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
We're currently recruiting for an experienced Electrical Manager to lead a team of Installation, Repairs and Service engineers in our south region. The successful candidate will manage the Electrical processes for Repairs & Maintenance, Test and Inspection and our Empty Homes, ensuring they are safe to work in, checked and repaired ready for new customers, while also ensuring we comply at all times with current legislation. Based from our Andoversford service delivery centre, your area will cover the Worcestershire and Gloucestershire regions, so you must live in a suitable location to effectively cover this work. This position is currently for a 14-month period.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Leading the team and ensuring they operate safely and efficiently to deliver the programme within budget and timescale to an excellent standard
- Working with Localities and Lettings teams to meet joint priorities
- Undertaking safety and compliance audits of your team's work and certification
- Ensuring resources are planned effectively and efficiently and redeployed where appropriate, to support other teams
- Ensure the team is well engaged, motivated, informed and plays an active role in service delivery milestones for our transformation
- Contributing to the delivery of all our KPIs
- Providing customers with a good quality home that meets our homes standard every time and negates the requirement for any post void repairs
- Efficiently manage a budget of approximately £1.5M per annum
- Advising on legal and technical aspects of our services and keeping up-to-date with new legislation and regulation
We want someone who has:
• All necessary qualifications and keep up-to-date at all times
• Proven experience of leading a team of engineers
• Proven experience of Electrical installations and upgrade programmes
• An eye for detail and the ability to understand the overall view of our business
• Can work collaboratively with other colleagues and stakeholders to get the best from relationships and sharing best practice.
Closing date for applications 30th June.
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.