|Salary||Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
Are you interested in working directly with service users? Are you interested in playing an important part in changing lives for a safer BeNCH?
BeNCH CRC are currently recruiting for an Education Training and Employment Advisor/Probation Service Officer in Bedford.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending in BeNCH. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction, appraisal and supervision.Package description
Starting salary £23,039 per annum
27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
37 hours a week
There is an expectation that operational staff work some evenings and weekends to enable service users to be supervised without jeopardising their employment.Main responsibilities
As an Education Training and Employment Advisor/Probation Service Officer, you will:
- Deliver Employment, Education and Training Group Work sessions
- Work to set performance targets
- Provide information and advice on one-to-one basis to support service users in education, training and employment
- Have the ability to form constructive and appropriate relationships
- Be able to motivate people to change, often in the face of setbacks
- Be required to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate sound judgement, and an ability to resolve complex problems
- Have experience of working with service users
- Have the ability to be assertive when necessary and be resilient when faced with challenging behaviour and competing demands
- Be able to use a range of IT packages to keep records, make assessments and manage risk
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 10 major towns: Hemel, Stevenage, Apsley, Cambridge, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Huntingdon, Peterborough. BeNCH CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.